CoursesCS/EE 559/659 Machine Learning
EE 584/684 Introduction to Image Processing
Research InterestsMy research areas are in machine learning, image processing and analysis, and computer vision. I develop algorithms that can analyze large amounts of data, usually in many dimensions and from heterogeneous sources, for the purposes of quantification, classification, prediction and motion tracking. My current projects include motion tracking to study cardiac mechanics using 4D echocardiography, characterizaiton of MRI images for accurate diagnosis and therapy response assessment of breast cancer, and characterization of motion using accelerometers for various movement disorders.
- Zhijun Zhang, Muhammad Ashraf, D.J. Sahn, Xubo Song. "Right Ventricular Motion Analysis from 3D Echocardiography by using Temporally Diffeomorphic Motion Estimation", Medical Physics. 2014.
- Zhijun Zhang, D.J. Sahn, Xubo Song, “Cardiac Motion Estimation by Optimizing Transmural Homogeneity of the Myofiber Strain and its Validation with Multimodal Sequences”, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2013.
- Zhijun Zhang, Feng Liu, Hungtat Tsui, Yunwong Lau, Xubo Song. "A Multi-scale Adaptive Mask Method for Rigid Intraoperative Ultrasound and Preoperative CT Image Registration", Medical Physics,Vol.41, no.10, pages 102903(1-10), 2014.
- Chao Wang, Xubo Song, “Robust Head Pose Estimation via Supervised Manifold Learning", Neural Networks, 2014
- Zhijun Zhang, Muhammad Ashraf, David J. Sahn, Xubo Song, "Temporally Diffeomorphic Cardiac Motion Estimation From 3D Echocardiography by Minimization of Intensity Consistency Error", Medical Physics. Vol.41, no.5, pages 052902(1-16), 2014.
- Muhammad Ashraf, Andriy Myronenko, Thuan Nguyen, Akio Inage, Wayne Smith, Robert I. Lowe, Karl Thiele,Carol A. Gibbons Kroeker, John V. Tyberg, Jeffrey F. Smallhorn, David J. Sahn, Xubo Song, “Defining Left Ventricular Apex-to-Base Twist Mechanics Computed From High-Resolution 3D Echocardiography: Validation against Sonomicrometry”, Journal of American College of Cardiology Imaging. 2010;3;227-234.
- Andriy Myronenko, Xubo Song, "Intensity-based Image Registration by Minimizing Residual Complexity", IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 2010, 29(11): 1882 – 1891.
- Myronenko, A., Song, X.B, “Point Set Registration: Coherent Point Drift”, IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2010, 32(12): 2262 – 2275.
- Myronenko, A., Song, X.B., "Image Registration by Minimization of Residual Complexity", IEEE Compuer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2009, pp. 49-56.
- Myronenko, A., Song, X.B., "Global Active Contour-based Image Segmentation via Probability Alignment", IEEE Compuer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2009, pp.2798-2804.
- Myronenko, A., Song, X.B., Sahn, D.J., “Maximum Likelihood Motion Estimation in 3D Echocardiography through non-rigid Registration in Spherical Coordinates”, Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH), 2009. pp. 427-436, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 5528.
- Myronenko, A., Song, X.B., Sahn, D., “LV motion tracking from 3D echocardiography using textural and structural information”, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2007. pp. 428-435, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 4792, Springer.
- Myronenko, A, Song, X.B., Carreira-Perpinan, M., “Free-Form Nonrigid Image Registration Using Generalized Elastic Nets”, IEEE Compuer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2007. pp.1-8.
- Song, X.B., Myronenko, A., Sahn, D., “Speckle Tracking in 3D Echocardiography with Motion Coherence”, IEEE Compuer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2007.
- Myronenko, A, Song, X.B., “Non-rigid point set registration: Coherent Point Drift”, Neural Information Processing Systyms (NIPS), 2006, pp.1009—1016.