Phone: 503 748-1311
Fax: 503 748-1306
Research Associate Professor
Central Building, Room 145 (West Campus)
Digital image and video processing; statistical pattern recognition; machine learning; sensor fusion; computer vision; information theory; biomedical engineering.
- G. Wang, M. Pavel, X. Song, "Robust Recognition Based on Combination of Weak Classifiers," International Joint Conference of Neural Networks, July 2003.
- X. Song, Y.S. Abu-Mostafa, J. Sill, H.L. Kasdan and M. Pavel, "Image Recognition by Fusion of Contextual Information," Information Fusion Journal 3, 277-287, 2002.
- A. Adami, K. Yang, X. Song, M. Pavel and D. Dirschl, "Model-based Image Processing and Analysis for Fracture Classification," The Second Joint Meeting of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) and the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), 2002.
- X. Song, Y. Abu-Mostafa, J. Sill and H. Kasdan, "Image Recognition in Context: Application to Microscopic Urinalysis," in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, S.A. Solla, T.K. Leen, and K.R. Muller (eds.), MIT Press, pp. 963-969, 2000.
- X. Song, Y. Abu-Mostafa, J. Sill and H. Kasdan, "Incorporating Contextual Information into White Blood Cell Image Recognition," in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, M.I. Jordan, M.J. Kearns, and S.A. Solla (eds.), MIT Press, pp. 950-956, 1998.
- Y. Abu-Mostafa, and X. Song, "Bin Model for Neural Networks," in Proceedings of the International Conference on Neural Information Processing, S. Amari, L. Xu, L. Chan, I. King, and K. Leung (eds.), Springer, pp. 169-173, 1996.