Phone: 503 418-9306
Fax: 503 418-9311
Center for Health & Healing
Mail Code: CH13B
3303 SW Bond Avenue, Rm #13000
Portland, OR 97239
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Oregon State University, 2001
M.B.A., Oregon State University, 2001
M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Oregon State University, 1999
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, 1995
2012-present - Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, OHSU, OR
2009-2012 - Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, OHSU, OR
2008-2009 - Senior Research Scientist (S&E 4), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), WA
2005-2007 - Senior Research Scientist (S&E 3), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), WA
2001-2004 - Research Scientist (S&E 2), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), WA
Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology
- Targeted Gene and Drug Delivery using Nanomaterials for Cancer Therapy
- Nanomaterials for imaging
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF): A Rodent Model for Therapeutic Intervention
- Orally Delivered Nanomaterials for Limiting Gut Absorption of Toxic Metals, Iron, Phosphate, and Radionuclides
- Sorbent Hemoperfusion and Dialysis
- Portable Metal Analyzers
- Yantasee, W, Fryxell GE, Porter GA, Pattamakomsan K, Sukwarotwat V, Chouyyok W, Koonsiripaiboon V, Xu J, Raymond KN. Novel Sorbents for Removal of Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents in Sorbent Dialysis and Hemoperfusion: Preventive Approaches to Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF). (Feature article) Nanomedicine: NBM; 2010, 6(1), e1-e8
- Yantasee, W, K Hongsirikarn, CL Warner, D Choi, T Sangvanich, MB Toloczko, MG Warner, GE Fryxell, RS Addleman and C Timchalk. Direct detection of Pb in urine and Cd, Pb, Cu, and Ag in natural waters using electrochemical sensors immobilized with DMSA functionalized magnetic nanoparticles. Analyst, 2008, 133: 348 355.
- Yantasee, W, CL Warner, T Sangvanich, RS Addleman, TG Carter, RJ Wiacek, GE Fryxell, C Timchalk, and MG Warner. Removal of Heavy Metals from Aqueous Systems with Thiol Functionalized Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles. Environmental Science & Technology. 2007, 41(14): 5114-5119.
- Yantasee, W, Y Lin, K Hongsirikarn, GE Fryxell, RS Addleman, and C Timchalk. Electrochemical Sensors for the Detection of Lead and Other Toxic Heavy Metals: The Next Generation of Personal Exposure Biomonitors. Environmental Health Perspectives 2007, 115(12):1683-1690.
- Yantasee, W, Y Lin, and GE Fryxell. 2007. Electrochemical sensors based on nanomaterials for environmental monitoring. Chapter 15 in Environmental Applications of Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Sorbents and Sensors, ed. Glen E. Fryxell and Guozhong Cao, Imperial College Press, London, United Kingdom, pp. 401-438.