At OHSU, Biomedical Engineering encompasses multidisciplinary and multiscale research applied to significant health problems. The Department includes the OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine. Learn More
Welcome to the Department of Biomedical Engineering in the School of Medicine at the Oregon Health & Science University. The Department's research and teaching are focused on solving unmet clinical needs in the areas of cardiovascular and infectious diseases, rehabilitation medicine, and cancer.
The BME Department consists
of 30 primary faculty as well as joint and affiliate faculty from the Advanced
Research Imaging Center, the OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine
(OCSSB), Casey Eye Institute, the Oregon Hearing Institute, and the Knight
Cardiovascular and Cancer Centers. Read more
- 09/20/2017 BME Fall Seminars Start Oct 6
- 08/15/2017 OHSU computational biologist help build largest database on pediatric cancers & birth defects
- 08/01/2017 Owen McCarty represents Oregon at You're the Cure
- 05/25/2017 OHSU team tackling breast cancer
- 04/29/2017 Matt Hagen Awarded Trainee of the Year
- View all news
BME Seminar Series 2016-2017
Please join us for the
BME Seminar Series 2017-2018
beginning October 6, 2017.
Follow the link below to view the schedule for the BME Seminar Series - Fall Term 2016
The BME seminars are held on Fridays,
11:00 am - 12:00 pm, and are located in the
CHH 3rd Floor Conference Room 1 A&B
unless otherwise noted.