Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
email@example.com; Phone: 503-418-8498; Mail Code: OP02
Preceptor Rotation Availability
Dr. Nigg might be available for preceptor rotations. Please contact him directly to inquire.
Dr. Nigg might be available for mentorship. Please contact him directly to inquire.
- Developmental psychopathology and temperament / personality
- Neuropsychological and cognitive underpinnings of psychopathology
- Behavioral and molecular genetics of personality/psychopathology
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and externalizing behavior problems
- Role of environmental toxicants in neural development and ADHD
Dr. Nigg's research focuses on the underlying mechanisms and causes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) across the lifespan. The focus is on physiological, neuropsychological, and neuroimaging correlates of ADHD in children. However, studies of genetics, family dynamics, personality and temperament, and environmental toxins of ADHD are also ongoing.
Please visit Dr. Nigg's Psychiatry Department webpage for more information.