Andre Walcott Selected as Neuroscience Scholar
09/12/16 Portland, Ore.
We are pleased to announce that BEHN graduate student, Andre Walcott, was recently selected as a Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) Fellow. The notification was received on behalf of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN), the SfN Professional Development Committee, and its Diversity in Neuroscience Subcommittee (DINS).
NSP Fellow benefits include:
- A mentoring team consisting of a senior mentor, a peer mentor, and a member of the Diversity in Neuroscience Subcommittee to discuss research, career plans, and additional topics
- Two years of complimentary SfN membership and waived abstract submission fees
- A travel award to attend the SfN annual meeting for two years
- Enrichment funds up to $1,500 to support allowed professional development activities for two years
- A structured online training program focused on career advancement issues, topics related to research process, and cutting edge scientific content with a professional development certificate upon completion