Being Active Brings More Than Health BenefitsOHSU School of Medicine alumni share a special bond. The opportunity to be active in your alumni association is one of the tangible rewards of graduating from OHSU. We invite you to take advantage of these benefits:
Continuing Medical Education
Looking for CME? Use this link to visit the Continuing Medical Education website.
As the School of Medicine's alumni magazine, Bridges is the major printed connection the School provides to all of its constituents. Bridges includes sections on alumni activities, news from the School of Medicine, faculty and student achievements and class notes. Visit the Resources page to download Bridges magazine.
Subscribe to the School of Medicine News for Alumni
Distributed 10 times each year, Medicine Matters is the School of Medicine's e-newsletter, providing up to the moment information about what's happening at the School of Medicine. Stay informed and have the Medicine Matters delivered to your email by subscribing here.
OHSU SoM Alumni Network on LinkedIn
Join our growing alumni network on the world's largest professional networking site. Request access to the group here.
Alumni Email Address for Life
We are excited to launch our OHSU Alumni Email Address for Life program, offering an alumni email address to graduates of OHSU's degree, certificate and training programs. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
If you are a health professional licensed and practicing in Oregon you may be eligible for access to information resources via the OHSU Library. To learn more about what is available or to sign up, please go to http://www.ohsu.edu/library/orhpr
Licensed health professionals in Washington may be eligible for a similar program run by the State of Washington. Further details are available here.
All Oregon residents may access OHSU Library physical materials in one of two ways:
- In person from the OHSU Library on Marquam Hill. Materials borrowed must be returned to the same location, either in person or via mail service. This service is available to all residents of Oregon who have a public library card at no charge thanks to a program facilitated by the State Library. The fee for non-Oregon residents is $50 per year.
- By using interlibrary loan at your local library. Materials are delivered to your local library and are initially available for a three-week loan, with one renewal. Your local library may charge a fee for this service.
Visiting Portland from out of town? Take advantage of some great hotel rates for members of the OHSU community at local hotels and other amenities.
The 1887 Society recognizes annual donors of gifts of $1,000 or more for their leadership contributions to excellence in education in the School of Medicine. Members of the 1887 Society contribute to education related funds including the Dean’s Fund for Excellence, the Alumni Fund for Excellence, the School of Medicine Annual Fund, and School of Medicine Scholarships. The membership year begins July 1 and concludes June 30.
Join the 1887 Society, donate today
While the principal benefit of membership in the 1887 Society is the satisfaction of being a part of excellence in education at the School of Medicine, we seek to acknowledge your commitment in special ways:
- Invitation to our annual 1887 Society event in Portland.
- An 1887 Society lapel pin to wear with pride.
- Inclusion on the OHSU special events mailing list.
Missing out? It might be because we're doing more on email
Help us reach you more efficiently by letting us know your email address.