2013-2014 Supplemental Application InstructionsThank you for your interest in the OHSU Physician Assistant Program. In addition to the required CASPA application (https://portal.caspaonline.org/) applicants to OHSU must complete a supplemental application. Please carefully follow the instructions below. Failure to do so may delay consideration of your application or invalidate it completely.
Deadline: The final deadline for receipt of the OHSU supplemental application is October 1, 2013 (midnight Pacific Standard Time). However, earlier submission is encouraged, so it is highly recommended applicants submit their OHSU supplemental application within two weeks of the CASPA application submission. CASPA applications will not be reviewed until an application is complete with a submitted supplemental application and receipt of GRE scores via institution code 4780.
There is no fee for the supplemental application.
Upon receipt of your supplemental application, CASPA application, and GRE scores the Admissions Committee will review your complete application file. Selected individuals will be invited to campus for a personal interview conducted during October, November, December, & January. Only applicants formally interviewed at the OHSU PA Program will be considered for admission.
A complete application file will include:
- CASPA Application & Supporting Materials – deadline October 1, 2013.
Your primary application is submitted through CASPA at https://portal.caspaonline.org/. CASPA will forward your application to OHSU as one of your designated programs. You must submit your CASPA application on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time, October 1, 2013. All supporting materials (transcripts, letters of reference, official GRE test scores) must be received at CASPA on or before this date. No exceptions, so please plan ahead.
- OHSU Supplemental Application (no fee) – deadline - preferably within 2 weeks of CASPA.
Final deadline – must be received by October 1, 2013 (midnight PST). No exceptions to this final deadline, so please plan ahead. Applicants are required to complete all sections of the OHSU supplemental application. The completed supplemental is submitted online. A typed signature and date may be used in lieu of actual signature. You will receive an email reply confirming receipt of your supplemental.
- Test Scores for the GRE - General Test – deadline - received at CASPA on or before October 1, 2013.
If you have not already requested official GRE scores, please direct scores to Institution Code 4780. The official GRE score report must be received at CASPA on or before midnight (EST) on 10/01/13 to be considered for 2014 admissions. No exceptions, so please plan ahead. Contact www.gre.org for information about the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Before starting the Supplemental Application Online Form, please review the OHSU PA Program Technical Standards included on the PDF version of the supplemental application linked below in the instructions section.
Supplemental Application Instructions
The Supplemental Application has four sections.
Click here to download a pdf of the information you need to complete the online form. Use this information to gather needed information before starting the online form.
The Supplemental Application MUST be completed and submitted online, not by mail or email
- Section 1 is comprised of demographic information and criminal background information and foreign language skills.
- Section 2 consists of additional information requested by the admissions committee.This section is optional.
- Section 3 is a Prerequisite Course Worksheet - be sure to have on hand information about all prerequisite courses including course number, course name, credit hours, grade, institution where taken, and date completed or anticipated completion date. An unofficial transcript is especially helpful in completing this section.
- Section 4 consists of the narrative section. Answer the questions in Word or another word processing program and then copy/paste your answers into the designated fields.
Please gather all needed information and write your narratives BEFORE you start the online form.
Be sure to print a copy of your application before you submit it.
All sections of the online form must be completed and submitted at the same time. You won't be able to begin the form and update it at a later time, so please plan ahead.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming submission of your Supplemental Application.