The following web pages represent the most up-to-date information on the OHSU PA Program. The program no longer has an additional packet to send to prospective applicants - all information can be obtained on this site. If you would like a summary sheet of the admissions time line and prerequisites, you may download the program at-a-glance sheet here.
Admissions Process Timeline
Deadlines: The deadline for 2014-15 OHSU PA admissions cycle has passed as of October 1, 2014 - The anticipated deadline for 2015-16 admissions will be September 1, 2015. Applications will be available through CASPA in mid-April 2015. The deadline refers to a CASPA application submitted by 11:59pm (Eastern Time). All supporting materials such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc., must be received at CASPA on or before the deadline. No exceptions.
09/01/15 - OHSU PA Program supplemental application must be received by 11:59pm (Pacific Time). No exceptions. GRE General Test official scores must be received at CASPA, institution code 4780, by 11:59pm (Eastern Time). No exceptions.
Early submission of application and supporting documents is highly encouraged.
April 15–September 1: Applications available through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
July–December: Program review of applications. Applications received earliest will be reviewed first and receive priority in scheduling interviews.
September–January: On-campus interviews. Offers of admission are extended on a continual basis. Interview seats will be available to all who qualify. Even though we utilize rolling admissions, we will not fill all of our seats until we've met those who qualify for interviews.
September 1: Application deadline. CASPA application must be submitted by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on 09/01/15. All transcripts and letters of recommendation must be received by CASPA—except for transcripts of courses in progress - on or before the 09/01 deadline. CASPA's verification process can take up to 4-6 weeks after submission; however, all applications that have met the required deadlines will be considered. No extensions to the published deadlines will be allowed.
September 1: Supplemental application and Official GRE Score Report (sent to code 4780) - the final deadline for receipt of the supplemental application is 11:59pm (Pacific Time) 09/01/15 and GRE score report is 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on 09/01/15.
February 15: Final class selection and notification completed.
Mid-June: Classes begin.
Components of a Complete Application
- Personal Statement - a narrative (entered on CASPA application)
- Letters of Recommendation - a minimum of three letters of reference on forms provided by CASPA (References) (submitted through CASPA)
- GRE - official score report (OHSU institution code 4780) (GRE)
- Supplemental Application - OHSU PA program's supplemental application will be available in April. Once you submit your CASPA application, an email will be sent to remind you about completing the supplemental, as well as provide you with a link to access it.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to CASPA. Updated transcripts do not need to be sent to OHSU at the time of application. (However, OHSU will require official transcripts if applicant matriculates into program). If an applicant has updated grades for courses listed on a CASPA application for spring/summer/fall courses that were in progress or planned at the time of application submission, please update the grades via the CASPA applicant portal. The updates will be noted. Official transcripts do not need to be sent at this time.
The admissions committee will evaluate applicants based on their:
- proven academic competence and potential
- health care experience
- understanding of the PA profession
- community service
- letters of reference
- commitment to primary care and underserved populations.
Personal interviews, offered to the most qualified applicants, will aid the committee in assessing an applicant's interpersonal skills, maturity and commitment to a career as a physician assistant.
The selection process is highly competitive.