Swindells Family Scholars
About the Swindells Scholars Program
In 2010, the OHSU School of Medicine received the largest single scholarship gift ever in its history. The $10 million gift to establish an endowed MD scholarship program was made by an anonymous donor. The scholarship establishes a perpetual source of financial assistance for exceptional and distinctive students who have a high probability of positively contributing to Oregon’s future.
When the Fund Agreement was signed, the donor had not yet decided on the name of the scholarship program. Since then, the anonymous donor has decided to name the fund “The Swindells Family Scholars Program” in honor of the long history of support OHSU has received over multiple generations from the Swindells family. The donor will remain anonymous.
Meet the Scholars
- 2015 Scholars: Congratulations to eight M.D. students awarded Swindells Scholarships
- 2014 Scholars: Ten talented students selected for 2014
- 2013 Scholars: Latest Swindells Scholarships awarded to nine exceptional M.D. students
- 2012 Scholars: Six M.D. students selected for prestigious Swindells Scholarships
- 2011 Scholars: Four students receive first Swindells Family Scholar Award