College for Metropolitan Primary Care
- Tanya Page, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine
- Katie Bensching, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
- Sumathi Devarajan, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine
- Cindy Ferrell, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
- Joseph Hardman, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
- Ben Schneider, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine
- Evan Shereck, M.D., Assistant Professor Department of Pediatrics
- Primary Care Progress
Group out of Harvard trying to get more campus pcare efforts going. At OHSU we are doing Breakfast Clubs every month and a town hall each year based on encouragement from PCP.
Blog of Dr Kevin Pho, social media's popular physician voice. Frequently discusses primary care.
- Medicine & Social Justice
Dr Josh Freeman talks about many issues, frequently primary care.
- Family Medicine Revolution
Primary Care rebranding campaign
- MedicalNewsToday Primary Care
The latest primary care news published daily. Articles from research centers, universities and prestigious journals.
- Primary Care Progress
Lots of interesting, timely, and relevant posts for those interested in pcare.
- International Primary Care Association
The International Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a non-political, non-profit, international membership-based organisation of General Practitioners in Primary Care.
- National Primary Care Week, Oct 7-11, 2013
Highlights the importance of primary care and brings health care professionals together to discuss and learn about generalist and interdisciplinary health care, particularly its impact on and importance to underserved populations.
- Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
A multi-payer initiative in 500 pcare practices in 4 states (including Oregon) fostering collaboration between public and private health care payers to strengthen primary care. Medicare will work with commercial and State health insurance plans and offer bonus payments to primary care doctors who better coordinate care for their patients.
- National Health Service Corps
Offering financial support for primary care providers. Students can get scholarships while in school or you can apply for loan reimbursement for working in rural or urban underserved areas following residency. Recent huge funding from Obamacare.
- Youngclaus JA, Koehler PA, Kotlikoff LJ, Wiecha JM. Can medical students afford to choose primary care? An economic analysis of physician education debt repayment.Acad Med. 2013 Jan;88(1):16-25. Answer is "Yes," see financial resources section below.
- Schoen C, Osborn R,Squires D,Doty M, Rasmussen P, Pierson R,Applebaum S. A Survey Of Primary Care Doctors In Ten Countries Shows Progress In Use Of Health Information Technology, Less In Other Areas.Health Aff December 2012 31:2805-2816.
- Starfield B. Primary care: Concept, evaluation and policy. New York: Oxford University Press; 1992.
- Starr P. The Social Transformation of American Medicine. Basic Books; 1982. 1984 Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction