PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED, PLEASE GO TO THE STUDENT PORTAL FOR CURRENT INFORMATION.
- Undergraduate Medical Education Program Core Competencies and Objectives
- Commencement Information
- ERAS Information and Applying to Residency Information
- MD Student Handbook
- MS 4 Sage Book
- H.O.S.T. Program
- VSAS Information
Fourth Year Requirements2013-2014 Fourth Year Rotations Schedule
|Must be registered for JCON 721 for course to fulfill this requirement, site selection will be done by the Pediatrics department 1-2 months prior to the start of the rotation. Academic Calender and Site Selection Information available here
||Must be registered for NEUR 721 for this course to fulfill this requirement
||Surgery (Urology, General Surgery, Plastics, Transplant, Vascular, Pediatrics Surgery, Cardiothoracic), and other surgical departments, including Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Anesthesiology|
||Intensive inpatient experience where the student functions (with supervision) at an intern level in evaluating patients, coordinating for day to day patient management, coordinating consultations, treatment plans, writing orders and establish diagnosis and therapeutic plans)
Required Selectives must be completed as a single four week rotation. Two 2-week experiences will not satisfy the requirement.
Clinical and Non Clinical Electives
- Away rotations and international experiences are considered Elective and/or Flexiable time
- Clinical credits are 1.5 per week with an expected 60 hours per week. Research credits are 1 credit per week with an expected 40 hour work week
- Any selective requirement taken away from the OHSU must be approved by the clerkship director prior to the scheduled course. The student should review the guidlines for approval of an away selective requirement
- Students are expected to be available for clinical responsibilities on all OHSU holidays except Winter Break
- No more than 8 clinical elective weeks can be in one discipline
- Concurrent degree students are expected to complete the clerkship, selective and elective requirements. MD/PhD students can transfer up to 10 credits from their graduate students reseach to the electives requirement. However, these research credits may not be used towards the PhD degree
- Students requesting international travel must complete all clerkship and selectives requirements prior to the international experience
|Catalogs & Websites
(16 class of 2014)
Transition to Residency (1 week)
Academic Year 2013-2014 (Click here for schedule-still in draft state)Dates: March 3-7, 2014
Transition to Residency is a course developed to prepare 4th year students for residency. It is a week long, required 4th year curriculum which consists of lectures, workshops, and panel discussion.
Flexible Time 3rd and 4th year
12 weeks Flexible time: Students may use this time for vacations or additional electives.