Key Considerations for Determining Residency
- Establishment of a domicile in Oregon for a period of 12 months or more prior to the beginning of the term for which residency is sought.
- Financial dependence on an Oregon resident or financial independence.
- Primary purpose for being in Oregon other than to obtain an education.
- Nature and source of financial resources.
- Various other indicia of residency, e.g., ownership of Oregon living quarters, permanent Oregon employment, payment of Oregon income taxes.
For complete information on residency rules refer to the Residence Classification Policy and Procedures located at http://www.ohsu.edu/registrar. Click on Residency Policy located under the Registrar Information section.
The residency information listed above is provided for information purposes only. This information should not be construed in any way as forming the basis of a contract.