Application Instructions: HIP Certificate Track
All applications materials are to be submitted to the HIP program coordinator by July 15th. Applications will be considered on a space available basis after this date. All applications are reviewed at one time and applicants will be notified of admission decisions by mid-August.
Graduate students currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program at OHSU should contact the HIP program office before submitting an online application to learn about additional application material requirements.
1. Complete online application Apply Now
Once you log into the application, select Human Investigations Program for Fall 2013. When completing the online application, you must choose Certificate Track as planned course of study even if your long-term plans includes the Master of Clinical Research. Applications to the MCR track are only accepted after completing the first year curriculum.
Submit the following material by e-mail to email@example.com :
2. A current CURRICULUM VITAE, which includes education, residencies and fellowships.
3. A SUPPORTING DOCUMENT answering the following questions (please keep each question to under a page in length).
- What are your professional responsibilities for the next 2 years? (Specify clinical, administrative and research time.)
- What are your career goals for the next 5-10 years and how will this course help you achieve these goals?
- Please discuss your research focus for the next two years, including specific proposals you plan to submit or implement. (If you have a research mentor, please note this.)
- List all research proposals or grants that you have submitted, including those that have not been funded.
- List all publications (if any) in journal format. Do not list abstracts.
Submit the following material by mail or personally deliver to:
Human Investigations Program
Mail Code: BICC
Oregon and Clinical Translational Research Institute
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239-3098
Located on the 5th floor of the Biomedical Informatics Communication Center (BICC or Library Building), on the OHSU campus, BICC 526F. We're in the first row of cubicles on the east side.
4. COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS.You must provide an official transcript from the university or college that granted your doctoral degree. The transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope and should be mailed directly to the HIP program. Alternatively, If you submit the transcripts personally, they must be in a sealed (unopened), original envelope. A notarized copy of your doctoral degree diploma is acceptable if a graduate from a foreign university.
Please download the Letter of Reference waiver form and send to the person providing the letter of reference. The letter of recommendation may be sent directly to the program office. If the letters are delivered by the applicant, the recommender should return the completed letter to you in a sealed envelope with their signature across the flap. Alternatively, the recommender may attach the letter in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.