Graduate Studies Faculty
Michael C. Heinrich, MD
Programs:Cell & Developmental Biology
Program in Molecular & Cellular Biosciences
Research Interests:tyrosine kinases oncogenes sarcoma leukemia kinases » Click here for more about Dr. Heinrich's research » PubMed Listing
Preceptor RotationsDr. Heinrich has not indicated availability for preceptor rotations at this time.
Faculty MentorshipDr. Heinrich has not indicated availability as a mentor at this time.
Michael Heinrich M.D. is currently a Professor of Medicine at Oregon Health & Sciences University. He earned his medical degree in 1984 from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore and completed both his residency training and Hematology and Medical Oncology fellowship at OHSU. His primary research interest is in the development of novel tyrosine kinase inhibitors for treatment of human cancers. Dr. Heinrich's research includes both pre-clinical identification of novel molecular targets and testing of new agents in the laboratory and the clinic. Dr. Heinrich has extensive national and international collaborations for his research into the molecular biology of sarcomas and hematologic malignacies.
Professional Education and Training
- 1975-1980 Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR B.S. General Engineering
- 1980-1984 The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 1984-1987 Resident, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 1987-1988 Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 1988-1991 Fellow, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Yee KW, Schittenhelm M, O'Farrell AM, Town AR, McGreevey L, Bainbridge T, Cherrington JM, Heinrich MC. Synergistic Effect of SU11248 with Cytarabine or Daunorubicin on FLT3-ITD Positive Leukemic Cells. Blood. 2004 Aug 10. Read more
- Corless CL, Fletcher JA, Heinrich MC. Biology of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2004 Sep 15;22(18):3813-25. Read more
- Heinrich M, Corless C, Demetri G, Blanke C, von Mehren M, Joensuu H, McGreevey L, Chen C, Kiese B, Eisenberg B, Roberts P, Singer S, Fletcher C, Silberman S, Dimitrijevic S, Fletcher J. Kinase mutations and imatinib mesylate response in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor. J Clin Onc 21:4342-4349, 2003. Read more
- Heinrich,M.C.; Corless,C.L.; Duensing,A.; McGreevey,L.; Chen,C.J.; Joseph,N.; Singer,S.; Griffith,D.J.; Haley,A.; Town,A.; Demetri,G.D.; Fletcher,C.D.M.; Fletcher,J.A. PDGFRA activating mutations in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Science, Vol 299, Issue 01/31/2003, Page 708. Read more
- Demetri GD, von Mehren M, Blanke CD, Van den Abbeele AD, Eisenberg B, Roberts PJ, Heinrich MC, Tuveson DA, Singer S, Janicek M, Fletcher JA, Silverman SG, Silberman SL, Capdeville R, Kiese B, Peng B, Dimitrijevic S, Druker BJ, Corless C, Fletcher CD, Joensuu H. Efficacy and safety of imatinib mesylate in advanced gastrointestinal stromaltumors. N Engl J Med. 2002 Aug 15;347(7):472-80. Read more