The Dietetic Internship Program places interns throughout Oregon, SW Washington, Eugene & Medford for supervised practice, giving interns the opportunity to experience nutrition care in urban, suburban, and rural settings.
Supervised practice rotations provide students with experience in community, food service, clinical, and specialty practice settings. Students practice and apply principles and skills in dietetics and nutrition to real situations under the guidance of professionals in the field. Supervised practice generally occurs Tuesdays through Fridays each week throughout the 10-month Dietetic Internship Program. Students enrolled in the Combined Dietetic Internship & Masters Degree Program participate in supervised practice experience during the first year of the combined program.
Suitable placements for supervised practice are made by the Internship Placement Coordinator of the Dietetic Internship Program. Our program makes every effort to account for student preferences when assigning placements, but cannot guarantee students will receive their first choice. Students are assigned to a primary placement site for the majority of their supervised practice; however, several external rotations give students the opportunity to experience working in a variety of other settings.
Primary placement sites include:
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Portland VA Medical Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
- Rogue Valley Medical Center (Medford)
- Sacred Heart Medical Center (Eugene)
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center (Vancouver, WA)
- Tuality Community Hospital
Below is a small sample of our program's additional rotation sites:
- Lane Coalition for Healthy Active Youth (Eugene)
- Oregon Dairy Council, Nutrition Education Services
- Oregon State University Extension Service, Family and Community Health
- Our House of Portland
- Portland Public Schools, Nutrition Services
- Portland Shriners Hospital for Children
- Southern Oregon Head Start (Medford)
- WIC Clinics (multiple sites)