MSCN International Applicants
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition (MSCN)
To be considered a RD, international students and professionals who completed their training outside the United States must meet one of the two criteria below:
1. Complete all certification requirements (didactic, experiential and examination) in a country with whom the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) has a reciprocity agreement. CDR currently has reciprocity agreements with the following foreign regulatory boards.
- Dietitians of Canada (DC)
- Dutch Association of Dietitians/Ministry of Welfare, Public Health and Culture (NVD)
- Philippine Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute (INDI)
- Health Professions Council (HCPC) United Kingdom
2. Graduate from an international dietetics program, determined to be “substantially equivalent” by ACEND, and take the CDR entry-level registration examination for dietitians. This option is only available to students who apply for registration eligibility to CDR on or before July 1, 2019. For a list of international dietetic programs determined to be “substantially equivalent," visit the ACEND website.
In addition to the RD requirement above, international students must complete the following requirements prior to applying to the program:
1. The GRE is required for all graduate programs at our University. Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing GRE scores of 153 (500 old scale), 148 (600 old scale) and 4.5 or above, respectively, will generally be considered acceptable for admission. Applicants with scores below those levels may still be considered dependent upon other application strengths; however those will require special review by the admissions committee. The institutional code for Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is 4865.
2. An English-language proficiency test, such as the TOEFL or IELTS, is required for all International Students who do not speak English as a native language and do not have a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a US institution. In general, the Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition requires TOEFL scores of 600 paper-based, 250 computer based, and 100 internet-based, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
3. A cumulative grade-point average of all undergraduate courses of at least 3.0 (based on a letter grade system of A-4 points, B-3 points, C-2 points, D-1 point, F-0 points), or its equivalent in other grading systems.
GPHN does NOT offer conditional acceptance. All of the above requirements must be met prior to admission. If you are not a RD, you may be able to apply to the Combined MS/Dietetic Internship
For more information about graduate studies at OHSU and international applicants, visit the OHSU Graduate Studies website
Please follow the links below for information regarding the application process: