DI & MS/DI International Applicants
Admission Requirements for the Dietetic Internship (DI) or Combined MS/DI
Criteria to be eligible to apply for the dietetic internship or combined MS/DI:
1. Complete ACEND-accredited academic coursework in a Didactic Program in Dietetics and a minimum of a bachelor's degree from a US regionally-accredited college or university or foreign equivalent.
2. Obtain an original verification statement or declaration of intent from the Director of the ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics documenting completion of these requirements.
3. The TOEFL is required for all International Students who do not speak English as a native language and do not have a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a US institution. In general, the Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition required scores for admission are 600 paper-based, 250 computer based, and 100 Internet-based.
4. For students interested in the MS/DI, the GRE is required for all graduate programs at our University. Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing GRE scores of 153 (500 old scale), 148 (600 old scale) and 4.5 or above, respectively, will generally be considered acceptable for admission. Applicants with scores below those levels may still be considered dependent upon other application strengths; however those will require special review by the admissions committee. The institutional code for Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is 4865.
5. A cumulative grade-point average of all undergraduate courses of at least 3.0 (based on a letter grade system of A-4 points, B-3 points, C-2 points, D-1 point, F-0 points), or its equivalent in other grading systems.
GPHN does NOT offer conditional acceptance. All of the above requiremetns must be met prior to admission. For more information on obtaining a verification statement with an international degree, visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website
Please follow the links below for information regarding the application process: