The Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition recommends that students use Microsoft Office products to complete coursework and supervised practice assignments. Some GPHN instructors require students to use those platforms, such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
OHSU uses Microsoft Exchange for our e-mail and calendar systems.
- For help with your e-mail account and access, you may contact the OHSU ITG Helpdesk at 503-494-2222, Mon – Fri from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- OHSU provides an e-mail account for all current students. OHSU offices like Financial Aid, Billing, Registrar, along with program faculty, and staff will communicate important student information to the OHSU provided e-mail address only. It is expected that every student maintain and regularly check the OHSU provided e-mail account in order to receive critical student updates.
- Outlook Web Access works best and has added functionality when using Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, you may also use Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
- Email may also be accessed using Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, or 2011 (MAC) and on mobile devices such as Apple’s iPhone and iPad or Android based tablets and phones.
The Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition uses Sakai to deliver online course content to our students.
- An updated browser is required to access Sakai. Preferred browser for Sakai is Firefox.
- Students login to Sakai with their OHSU network ID and password.
- Sakai is supported by the Sakai Help Desk at OHSU's Teaching and Learning Center, Educational Technology group.
- If you need help with Sakai, you can contact the Sakai Helpdesk at 877-972-5249 or email@example.com
With the exception of special academic weeks discussed during GPHN's Orientation Week, dietetic interns placed in Medford attend didactic courses through videoconferencing provided by EdCOMM. Intern identity is verified through visual confirmation during class and by the use of Sakai for the deployment of course materials and the completion of assignments.
There is no additional tuition cost for interns who are placed in Medford, however interns are expected to have access to a computer with video/audio capability and high-speed internet to participate in class. Students should use ethernet or cable access to internet rather than Wi-Fi internet access to ensure a reliable internet connection for classes.
If you have questions or concerns about accessing internet or videoconferencing, please contact EdCOMM directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
All users with OHSU network and e-mail accounts must read and abide by the OHSU Acceptable Use of Computing and Telecommunications Resources policy. A link to the policy is provided. Please take a moment to read and understand the policy.Acceptable Computer Use policy