SoM News September 2013
There's been much to celebrate this month at OHSU. And the momentum keeps building. Why? Because we have the expertise, tenacity and collaborative spirit required to change the landscape of health. This is a sentiment that President Joe Robertson shared at a recent press conference associated with Phil and Penny Knight's $500 million philanthropic challenge. I'd like to share those remarks with you this month.
Read Message »
In the news . . .
- OHSU leaders to share education update at rural health conference
- OHSU celebrates National PA Week Oct. 6-12
- Research Roadmap: Developing a vision for areas of research distinction
- South OR gets results with OPEx
- OHSU researchers issued record 26 U.S. patents in fiscal year 2013
- StudentSpeak: What is the greatest gift of body donors?
- Faculty participate in programs to support diversity in research
- Drop in and learn: Understanding OHSU’s balance sheet
- Andy Dworkin, MS4, receives AMA award in support of medical journalism
- Dr. Brambrink receives Frontiers in Anesthesia Research Award
- Dr. Cain, '85, named "100 Most Influential" in health care
- Dr. Denman named APGO Scholar
- Dr. Nuttall appointed first OHSU Jack Vernon Endowed Professor of Hearing Research
- Dr. Starr is recipient of OBA lifetime achievement award
- OHSU Radiation Medicine team co-authors a record 24 presentations
See All »
Paper of the Month
This month's featured paper is from a team led by Nabil Alkayed, M.D., Ph.D. It is titled, "Role of soluble epoxide hydrolase in exacerbation of stroke by streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetes mellitus." The investigation was a collaborative study between the labs of Dr. Alkayed, Dr. Daniel Marks and Dr. Robert Shangraw.
Full story »
Looking for more Faculty Papers?
A warm welcome to our new faculty members!