SoM News January 2013
This month, Senior Associate Dean for Education George Mejicano, M.D., presented a lecture as part of the School of Medicine's year-long lecture series - "Imagine the future with us" - marking our 125th anniversary. Dr. Mejicano talked about the "educational comet" headed our way. It was an enjoyable and eye-opening lecture, but what happened after the talk impressed me - for two reasons.
Read Message »
In the News
- In the wake of a "superstorm"
- Across the evidence divide
- Imagine the future with us
- First PCORI funding awards include project led by Dr. DeVoe
- Four NIH leaders to visit in February
- Dr. Back's findings could help children born prematurely
- Drs. Purnell and Fair's fructose study receives widespread media attention
- Fabulous February: 125 Lecture Series
- Dr. Stecker appointed to MEDCAC committee
- The eye of the tiger and OHSU research week
- On the waterfront! Our medical school's future home "tops out"
- Dr. Anderson appointed to NIH Council
- Dr. Deiorio is winner of 3rd National Career Development Month contest
- Jacobsen is recipient of the Karen Whitaker Knapp Service Award
- Enhancing Diversity in Medicine: A work in progress
Paper of the Month
This month's featured paper is from the laboratory of Dr. Tyner, and is titled, "Crosstalk between ROR1 and the Pre-B Cell Receptor Promotes Survival of t(1;19) Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia."
Full story »
Looking for more Faculty Papers?
A warm welcome to our new faculty members!