SoM News February 2014
Sometimes I am asked why I choose to continue my surgical practice in addition to serving as dean. I consider it a privilege to be so directly involved with patients, and I derive a great deal of professional satisfaction from this. Second, and equally important, caring for patients gives me a frontline perspective into each of our missions and how they interact to advance human health. Read Message »
In The News
- Countdown to launch of new M.D. curriculum
- In the News: Medical students inspire Alder Elementary kids
- Video: Go 'Behind the Badge' with Chief Resident Dr. Zeigler
- Study by Drs. Fair and Neuringer offers insight into brain networks in monkeys, humans
- Exploring the intergenerational effects of maternal diet
- Read OHSU media releases
- Dr. Brunett receives CORD Distinguished Educator Award
- Glazier appointed president of Oregon Society of Healthcare Executives
- Dr. Gray receives 18th Annual Alfred G. Knudson Award in Cancer Genetics
- Drs. Gibbs, Nan honored with innovation awards
- Dr. Chesnutt receives Golden Rose award for life-saving effort
- Sherry inducted as fellow in ACCM
- Dr. Weissman earns 2013 Editor's Recognition Award
- SoM showcases work at SGIM Conference
Paper of the Month
This month's featured paper is from the lab of Dr. Messer, and is titled, "Dengue virus envelope protein domain I/II hinge determines long-lived serotype-specific dengue immunity." It was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Looking for more Faculty Papers?
A warm welcome to our new faculty members!