SoM News February 2013
I've been thinking lately about recognition. In an institution as large as the School of Medicine, awards and recognition programs are important. We work collaboratively in many ways – conducting research, providing health care, educating our students – but each of us can only personally know a fraction of our group. Awards are a way of bringing forward exceptional members of our community and showcasing their efforts for the larger group.
Read Message »
In the news
- Deadline to order Hooding regalia is April 19
- Moore Instituite: A nutrition revolution is on the move
- OHSU contributes to the health care reform conversation
- The Knight leads charge on HB 2896—skin cancer prevention
- Latest OHSU faculty papers in Academic Medicine
- Dr. Duvoisin recognized for Audacious Goal in vision research
- David Simmons, MS3, is recipient of inaugural Dr. James Reuler Service Award
- Twenty Years On: The OHSU Neuroscience Graduate Program Celebrates a Milestone
- Looking good!
- 2012 accolades keep Dr. Hersh in national spotlight
- Dangerous Decibels receives Safe-in-Sound award
- Dr. Habecker to present lecture at ISAN this summer in Germany
- Call for abstracts! OHSU Research Week is May 20-24
- Nominate now: OHSU Faculty Senate Awards
- Nominate Now: OHSU Diversity and Inclusion Awards
- In Memoriam: Scott L. Mader, M.D. (1955–2013)
- See All »
Paper of the Month
This month's featured paper is from the Stephen Back Lab, and is titled, "Prenatal Cerebral Ischemia Disrupts MRI-Defined Cortical Microstructure Through Disturbances in Neuronal Arborization."
Full story »
Looking for more Faculty Papers?
A warm welcome to our new faculty members!