February 26, 2014
As August 2014 draws near, the School of Medicine is closer and closer to launching its new M.D. curriculum. Students in the Class of 2018 will be the first to embark on the YOUR M.D. experience – a student-centered, integrated, competency-driven curriculum that utilizes active learning and engagement of students to meet the goals of the School of Medicine and the needs of the community.
This is a critical time for teachers to become familiar with the first 18 months of the draft curriculum template. All faculty, students and staff are warmly invited to any of the spring 2014 information sessions being hosted by the Dean’s office (no RSVP needed):
- Thursday, March 13, 12:15 p.m., Doernbecher Collins/Goudy Rooms 11600 | Add to your calendar
- Thursday, April 10, 7 a.m., Vollum Institute M 1441 | Add to your calendar
- Tuesday, May 20, 4 p.m., Sam Jackson Hall 4248 | Add to your calendar
- Tuesday, June 17, 4 p.m., Vollum Institute M 1441 | Add to your calendar
Tracy Bumsted, M.D., MPH, associate dean for undergraduate medical education, members of the Curriculum Transformation Steering Committee and faculty from the curriculum development team will present new information and answer your questions.
- Learn about the proposed model for early integration of basic and clinical sciences in the M.D. curriculum
- Explore different teaching modalities to support the goals of the new curriculum
- Ask about the timeline for curriculum transformation
- Preview the student experience in 2014 and beyond