OHSU has launched a new faculty development program for educators: the Education Scholars Program. The purpose of the program is to provide academic educators with training in education theory and methods, and impart a skill set that will allow them to build a successful career upon education scholarship in academic medicine.
This one year program includes topics in professional development and career advancement, theories of learning, clinical and didactic teaching methods, curriculum development, and education scholarship. The program aims to promote collaboration among departments and schools and create a cadre of educational leaders.
Congratulations to the 2012-2013 cohort:
- Nathan Brigham, Internal Medicine
- James Case, Critical Care/Emergency Medicine
- Mark Engelstad, OMFS
- Brian Frank, Family Medicine
- Sandra Iragorri, Peds Nephrology
- Sarah Green, Pediatrics
- David Jones, Emergency Medicine
- Abigail Lenhart, Internal Medicine
- Annette Lopez, Emergency Medicine
- Heather Mikes, Internal Medicine
- Adam Obley, Internal Medicine
- Antoinette Polito, PA Program
- Patty Ritze, Internal Medicine
- Valerie (Val) Sera, Anesthesiology
- Paula Vanderford, PICU
- Brian Wheeler, Internal Medicine
- Esther Yue, Emergency Medicine/Peds
- Nancy Zink, Family Medicine
Course Directors: Lalena M. Yarris, M.D., MCR (Emergency Medicine), Amy Juve, Ed.D. (Anesthesiology), Ben Hoffman, M.D. (Pediatrics), Elizabeth Allen, M.D. (Internal Medicine), Judy Bowen, M.D. (Internal Medicine), Andrea Cedfeldt, M.D. (Internal Medicine).
Steering Committee: Lalena M. Yarris (Emergency Medicine), Nicole Deiorio (Emergency Medicine), Patrick Brunett (Emergency Medicine), Dawn Dillman, M.D. (Anesthesiology), Amy Juve (Anesthesiology), Ben Hoffman (Pediatrics), Patrice Eiff, M.D. (Family Medicine), Andrea Cedfeldt (Internal Medicine), Judy Bowen (Internal Medicine), Tom Boudrot (Teaching & Learning Center), Ryan Palmer (School of Medicine)