2013 Hooding and Commencement
Monday, June 3, 2013
9 a.m., Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 SW Broadway
Portland, Ore. [Map]
Are you on Twitter or Instagram? Use the #OHSUgrads hashtag to join the conversation. Students, friends and family are encouraged to share photos and notes of congratulations to all 2013 graduates!
Be sure to follow the School of Medicine on Twitter: @ohsusom.
For All Students
Everything you need to know is available in our 2013 Hooding and Commencement online guide.
Thank you for participating in the 2013 hooding and commencement ceremony! Your presence sends a visible message of support to the graduates and reinforces the role of the faculty in the missions of the school. A few reminders for participation in the processional:
- Please arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. to organize
- Enter from the Park Blocks – don't forget your gown! – and gather on the mezzanine level with your faculty colleagues
- Leave coats, purses and personal items with a trusted friend or family member – we cannot store them in the Schnitzer
- No one is allowed back upstairs after the ceremony
- After the ceremony, leave gowns in the bins marked for gown return in the tent area on SW Main St. between Schnitzer and Newmark Theater. Please do not leave them in the mezzanine area at the Schnitzer.
Regalia ordering info is here
Regalia orders for students will be taken during Transition to Residency course. Please contact Shelley Engle with questions.
- How to order announcements
- UME Commencement online guide (Coming soon!)
- Things graduating seniors forget to do before they graduate
Graduating students, please complete the Application for Degree form and return it to the OHSU Registrar’s Office (a.k.a. Financial Aid Office ). You can drop it off in their office or you can e-mail it to Jill Fitzpatrick as a pdf file.
Regalia orders will be centrally collected. Please contact Katie Jones with questions.