A bold new vision for the future
The OHSU School of Medicine has launched a curriculum – YOUR M.D. – that rethinks the century-old model of medical education. It recognizes that medical knowledge and technology will continue to expand rapidly and that future physicians must be experts not only at assessing and improving their own skills, but also at adapting to discoveries and technology changes, and leading a culture change that ensures the health care system of the future is always improving.
Launched in 2014, OHSU M.D. Curriculum Transformation is a collaborative, multi-year effort, and will be phased in over four years. Explore the information below to learn how we’re doing it.
"Broadly, our goals are to prepare health care professionals for the changing health care delivery and discovery environments, and to do so in ways that continue placing emphasis on self-directed and also life-long and interprofessional education." Read more from Dean Richardson
- YOUR M.D. overview brochure | Just want the infographic? Download it!
- How we got here: M.D. Curriculum Transformation timeline 2012-2014
- Q&A with Dr. George Mejicano
- Resources: project background, guiding principles and philosophy, rural curriculum
- Home of YOUR M.D.– the Collaborative Life Sciences Building (photos)
- Video from the American Medical Association learning consortium:
Have a question or comment? Send it to email@example.com
Interested in applying? Learn more about YOUR M.D.