Conservative Long-Lasting Restoration Design
With Barry Evans, DMD, FAGD
Learn more about Portland's Cast Gold Study Club.
Instructor: Barry Evans, DMD, FAGD
Date: Friday, December 12, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Credits: 4 Lecture Credit Hours
Early Bird Special: Receive 10% off before November 15th!
Location: OHSU/OAGD Continuing Dental Education Department
2730 SW Moody Ave. Portland, OR 97201
Today’s patients want both esthetics and long- lasting restorations. Have you ever seen a porcelain or composite onlay or inlay last 50 years and look brand new? Probably not but you do see those kinds of results with conservative cast golds. The permanency of conservative cast gold fillings aids the longevity of the tooth by reducing the amount of surgical intervention needed to replace fillings.The focus of this course is to demonstrate how to select cases for conservative cast gold restorations that can give your patients esthetic and long-lasting results. We will also focus on how to educate your patients and help them make the best-informed decision about their restorative treatment.
• Learn how to perfect your impression-taking techniques
• Understand the technically demanding skills of cast gold restorations
• Ensure every detail is designed and implemented to create a restoration that has the potential to last a lifetime
• Discuss the merits of an insurance company free practice
• Determine how to preserve the maximum amount of enamel and protect teeth from future crack propagation
Speaker: Dr. Evans graduated from the University of Oregon School of Dentistry in 1969 and has a private practice in Portland, Oregon. He is a strong proponent of postgraduate hands on continuing education demonstrated by his 30 years of participation in the Seattle RV Tucker Study Club as well as, numerous other operating study clubs. Currently he mentors two study clubs and lectures extensively both nationally and internationally on conservative cast gold restorations.