Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: A Simulation Course
With Scott Cooper, EMT-P
Bring your staff and be ready when the next dental emergency knocks at your door.
Instructor: Scott Cooper, EMT-P
Date: Friday, January 9, 2015
Time: 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Credit: 7 Lecture Credit Hours
Tuition: $320 Dentist / $145 Staff
Location: The Oregon Medical Association; OMEF Center 11740 SW 68th Pkwy. Portland, OR 97223
Medical emergencies can present any time in the dental setting. This course provides instruction about emergencies in a way that participants can learn how to confidently recognize the problem, understand what is happening, and effectively manage the event. The focus is on a team approach and preparing everyone involved to perform tasks appropriate for their role in the dental setting.
• Learn what medications and equipment you’ll need
• Know the “when” and “how” to use each drug and piece of equipment in your kit
• Develop an emergency plan for your dental setting, to include roles for staff members, EMS access and egress, guide sheets and patient documentation for EMS providers.
• Identify team dynamics necessary for effective management of emergencies.
• Algorithms for various medical emergencies
Speaker: Scott Cooper is a paramedic/firefighter and EMS educator, with 24 years of field and 28 years of teaching experience, including ACLS, PALS, BLS and Medical Emergencies; EMT and paramedic training programs. He has served as a preceptor for paramedic interns; examiner for state and national EMT through paramedic licensing exams and has been a professional speaker for EMS conferences. He has educated hundreds of dentists and oral surgeons in ACLS, PALS, BLS Medical Emergencies.