OHSU

Our History

NW 15th & Couch Dental School

With the July 2014 re-location of patient care and education to Portland’s South Waterfront (2730 S.W. Moody Avenue) in the Skourtes Tower OHSU School of Dentistry, a new dean, growing research opportunities, and an emerging interdisciplinary curricula, we take a look back on OHSU School of Dentistry's 114 years.

OHSU School of Dentistry has about 5,700 living alumni throughout the world. Fifty-one percent of alumni live and practice in Oregon contributing to the health and economy of their communities. The dental school annually educates 350 dental students and residents, and provides oral care for almost 19,000 patients.

The period between 1899 and 2013 is a story is about the dental school’s ability to survive … and thrive … despite decades of political and financial up-and-down. The school’s survival is testimony to the fierce loyalty and determination of its deans, faculty, and alumni who ensured Oregon always maintained the highest quality in dental education and patient care.

Learn More