The Department of Restorative Dentistry provides a large proportion of the predoctoral and graduate teaching of the dental school, and maintains a high level of scholarly activity in dental and educational research. Read about us
News & Announcements
- Jack Ferracane, PhD, was inducted into the College of Fellows of AIMBE, the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, at the 25th annual meeting in Washington, D.C., April 3-4, 2016. AIMBE is an honorific society of the top 2% of medical and bioengineers in industry, academia, clinical practice and government. Great work!
- At the recent annual meeting of the American Association for Dental Research in Los Angeles, Dr. Ferracane was named as the AADR President for 2016-17. In his inaugural speech, "Mentoring and Role Modeling –The Gifts That Keep on Giving," he spoke of the process of learning that occurs on so many levels. He encouraged those in attendance to lead by example in the best ways. Role model a beneficent behavior, provide mentorship. Be a mentor and a role-model." His speech can be viewed .
- Dennis Nicola, DDS, was featured in an article in the Oregon Dental Association Membership Matters publication in March. He serves as the faculty liaison between OHSU and the Multnomah Dental Society. Read more about Dr. Nicola here.
- At their annual two day meeting in Chicago February 2016, Thad Langford, DDS was installed as President of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. The AARD conducts an annual two day meeting each February that is devoted to the exchange of clinical and academic information through lectures, clinics, and the camaraderie of the members and quests from around the world. www.restorativeacademy.com
- Jack Ferracane, PhD has been invited to be one of the featured presenters at the AARD Annual Meeting in February 2017.