The Department of Restorative Dentistry provides a large proportion of the predoctoral and graduate teaching of the dental school, and maintains a high level of scholarly activity in dental and educational research. Read about us
Carmem Pfeifer wins WAM award!
(shown front to back: Carmem Pfeifer, Rose McPharlin,
Jack Ferracane, Kirsten Lampi, Justin Merritt, Jens Kreth)
News & Announcements
Congratulations to our outstanding faculty for their great accomplishments in 2017!
- Outstanding Faculty Award 2016/2017 received from OHSU DMD Class of 2020
- ADEA/AAL Faculty of Color Tuition Scholarships for Professional Development: 2017 ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition scholarship –ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders.
- Newly elected President of the Oregon Board of Dentistry
- Helped develop a process to engineer artificial blood vessels which are used to generate teeth, possibly changing the way root canal treatments will be done in the future. Study published in the journal Scientific Reports
- During a state meeting in October, Ms. Kim Doyle was sworn in as one of the four members of the Board of the Oregon Association of Dental Laboratories. She will serve as Education chair and the term is for the 2018 year. This coming year, the association is trying to partner with the dentists and dental students in the state for mutual continuing education. Kim hopes to be an asset to the association and to represent OHSU.
- Completed term as President of the American Association for Dental Research
- Academy of Operative Dentistry's Award of Excellence at their annual meeting in Chicago in February 2017. The Award of Excellence was established in 1986 to recognize outstanding contributions to the discipline of Operative Dentistry in areas of, but not limited to: Service to the Academy;Teaching of operative dentistry at academic and continuing education levels;Promotion of excellence in operative dentistry at a national or international level.
- 2017 ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition scholarship – ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders.
- Completed term as President of American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Appointed to the Alumni Association Board
- "Outstanding Service Award" from Compassion Connect in recognition of his 5 years of encouraging and supervising OHSU dental students at Compassion Clinics.
- Carmem Pfeifer was selected as the winner of the
2018 WAM Discovery Award for Women in Science and will receive the award on
Tuesday January 30, 2018.
- The IADR Dental Materials Group election ended October 31, 2017. Carmem S. Pfeifer was elected as Vice President. Her term will begin at the conclusion of the 2018 IADR/PER General Session and Exhibition in London, England, UK (July 25-218, 2018).
- Recipient of Fellowship in the International College of Dentists. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only. The Fellowship is awarded to dentists who have demonstrated, "outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind."