Welcome to Community Dentistry
The vision of the Department is to
- Provide a contemporary and high-quality Community Dentistry education to pre-doc and post-doc students;
- Build collaborative relationships with other Public Health units within and outside OHSU for research and development.
- Pursue opportunities to address oral health and disparities in practice;
- Explore models of dental care integration and delivery;
- Be the resource for oral health policy and research for the region.
News & Events
- Evening lecture hosted by Department of Community Dentistry: Non-invasive caries management - with special emphasis on recent research and clinical experience with Silver Diamine Fluoride.
- We are pleased to announce that Wael Sabbah, BDS, DDPH, MSc, PhD, accepted our full-time position and joined the department in November 2011.His previous position was as Senior Research Fellow with the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, United Kingdom.
- We received a grant from Kaiser Permanente to conduct a three-year trial for an extended community based rotation program.This year we have 12 fourth-year students doing a four-week rotation.We'll post the results later.
- Watch for our new section:Research & Innovation.