Eli Schwarz, DDS, MPH, PhD
Dr. Schwarz is a Professor & Chair of the Department of Community Dentistry. His previous professional appointments include Professor of Population Oral Health, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney, and Adjunct Professor in professional studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, School of Dental Medicine; Professor and Dean, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney; Executive Director of the American and International Associations for Dental Research (AADR/IADR); Professor of Public Health Dentistry and Dean of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong; and Chief Dental Officer, National Board of Health, Denmark, and Associate Professor, at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
Dr. Schwarz has a DDS and a doctoral degree from University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and a Master's degree in Public Health (cum laude) from Hadassah Medical School, University of Jerusalem. He is a founding fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine and a fellow in the specialty of Community Dentistry in the Hong Kong College of Dental Surgeons. He is also a fellow of the American College of Dentists and a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. In 1987, he was conferred the Royal Order, Knight of the Order of Dannebrog, by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.
Articles in peer reviewed journals (since 2007)
- Li KY, Wong MCM, Lam KF, Schwarz E. Age, period, and cohort analysis of regular dental care behavior and edentulism: A marginal approach. BMC Oral Health 2011: In Print.
- Mariño R, Morgan M, Kiyak A, Schwarz E, Syed Naqvi. Dental Health in a convenience sample of Chinese Older Adults Living in Melbourne, Australia. International Journal of Public Health 2011; In Print
- Ditmyer M, Dounis G, Mobley C, Schwarz E. Inequalities of caries experience in Nevada youth expressed by DMFT index vs. Significant Caries Index (SiC) over time BMC Oral Health 2011; In Print.
- Arora A, Scott JA, Bhole S, Do L, Schwarz E, Blinkhorn AS. Early childhood feeding practices and dental caries in preschool children: a multi-centre birth cohort study. BMC Public Health 2011, 11: 28.
- Curtis B, Evans RW, Sbaraini A, Schwarz E. The Monitor Practice Program: Is non-invasive management of dental caries in private practice cost-effective? Australian Dental Journal 2011; 56: 48-55.
- Ditmyer M, Dounis G, Mobley C, Schwarz E. A case-control study of determinants for high and low dental caries prevalence in Nevada youth. BMC Oral Health 2010; 10: 24
- Arora M, Schwarz E, Siwaneswaran, S, Banks E. Cigarette smoking and tooth loss in a cohort of older Australians: The 45 and up study. Journal of the American Dental Association 2010; 141: 1241-1249.
- Warren E, Pollicino C, Curtis B, Evans W, Sbaraini A, Schwarz E. Modeling the long-term cost-effectiveness of the caries management system in an Australian Population. Value in Health 2010; 13: 750-760.
- Schwarz E. Global Oral Health in a flattening world. Compendium of Continuing Dental Education 2010; 31: 408-409.
- Lin HC, Zhang R, Lo ECM, Schwarz E. A case-control study comparing 30% of the children with the highest DMFS score and children with no caries in Southern China. Chinese Journal of Dental Research. 2009; 12: 21-25.
- Curtis B, Evans RW, Sbaraini A, Schwarz E. The Monitor Practice Program: Is non-invasive management of dental caries in private practice effective? Australian Dental Journal 2008; 53: 306–313.
- Afifah RM, Schwarz E. Patient demand for smoking cessation advice in dentist offices after introduction of graphic health warnings in Australia. Australian Dental Journal 2008: 53; 208-216.
- Corbet E, Akinwande J, Duggal R, Gebreab G, Hirvikangas H, Hysi D, Katrova L, Karaharju-Suvanto T, McGrath C, Ono K, Radnai M, Schwarz E, Scott J, Sixou J-L, Soboleva U, Uoshima K, Yaneva-Ribagina K, Fox C. Staff recruitment, development, and global mobility. European Journal of Dental Education. 2008: 12; (suppl. 1); 149-160.
- Nash D, Friedman JW, Kardos TB, Kardos RL, Schwarz E, Satur J, Berg DG, Nasruddin J, Mumghamba EG, Davenport ES, Nagel R. Dental Therapists: A global perspective. International Dental Journal: 2008; 58: 61-70
- Curtis B, Evans RW, Sbaraini A, Schwarz E. Geographic location and indirect costs as a barrier to dental treatment: a patient perspective. Australian Dental Journal 2007;52:(4):271-275
- Curtis B, Evans RW, Sbaraini A, E Schwarz. Recruitment and standardization of a group of Australian dentists for a multipractice study on dental caries prevention. Australian Dental Journal 2007;52:106-111.
- Schwarz E. Global aspects of preventive dental care. International Dental Journal 2007;57:209-214.