Oral Pathology and Radiology Services
OHSU Oral Pathology and Radiology Services provide high-quality diagnostic and consultation services throughout the region. We provide diagnostic and consultative services for the following conditions:
- Mucosal diseases
- Orofacial pain, including temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
- Oral cancer and complications of cancer therapy
- Salivary dysfunction
- Oral complications of systemic illnesses
Biopsy and Consultation Services
OHSU Biopsy and Consultation Services offers state-of-the-art diagnostic services for oral and maxillofacial lesions and tumors. Our board-certified pathologists provide complete oral histopathologic diagnostic services and clinical oral medicine consultations with referring providers. We gladly offer second opinion consultations and accept patient referrals for thorough examinations and biopsy planning.
Biopsy Kit Request Form
Our Biopsy Service encompasses:
- Biopsy kits with formalin solution
- Zeus/Michel's solution can be provided for direct immunofluorescence studies with FedEx Lab Pack and label.
- Cytology kits can be provided (typically for the diagnosis of candidiasis or herpes simplex).*
- Pathological diagnoses faxed or mailed within 24 hours of soft tissue specimen receipt, with exceptions for hard tissue, special stains and DIF studies.
- Consultation with pathologist.
- Most medical insurance carriers accepted.
*While the department does not receive microbiologic specimens for culture, it does receive exfoliative cytology specimens. These specimens are scrapings from the mucosal surface that are then examined under the microscope with special stains. Typically, we suggest that exfoliative cytology be used to diagnose candidiasis and more rarely herpes simplex.
Phone: 503 494-8904