The OHSU Library has provided links for downloading the software packages listed below. Please use the provided technical support links for each product if you need assistance with installation or have other questions.
Windows and Mac
Licensing limited to OHSU students and employees only
SPSS Statistics is a software package used for statistical analysis. It is available for OHSU students and employees for both work and personal computers. The software is licensed only for academic purposes.
For questions or assistance with SPSS please contact IBM at https://www.ibm.com/planetwide/us/.
1. Remove Previous Version:
- Windows: Uninstall it via Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel.
2. Obtaining/Installing SPSS Software:
- We currently offer v24 for PC and Mac:
- For Windows computers click here to download the SPSS installer using your OHSU credentials.
- For Mac computers click here to download the SPSS installer using your OHSU credentials
Note: If you have any problems licensing version 24 for the Mac, you can also find the installer for v23 for the Mac at this link.
- To install, select everything as default.
- After installation finished, continue to step #3 below to authorize the license.
3. Authorizing/Renewing SPSS License:
Codes valid for 10/18/2016 - 10/31/2017 (copy and paste full code into the Authorization Wizard):
You can use the following license codes to authorize your copy of SPSS (license renews once a year). To authorize SPSS please follow the instructions here.
SPSS System Requirements: Please check here to see if your system is supported to run SPSS.
Licensing limited to OHSU employees and students only
SAS Statistics is a software package used for statistical analysis. OHSU licenses the Windows version only. It is available for OHSU employees and students.
For questions or assistance with SAS, please contact SAS at: https://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/.
Obtaining SAS Software
A USB drive with the latest SAS repoz is available for checkout at the Library Service Desk in the BICC.
SIDs valid for August 14th, 2016 - August 14th, 2017 (follow instructions below for usage):
To obtain the latest SAS license, use the following links (be sure to use the correct file for your specific deployment):
- Download the ZIP archive containing the SAS version you are attempting to license.
- Uncompress the ZIP archive and select the correct SID License file when asked by the Renew SAS Software utility (For help on how to Unzip a file in Windows please read this).
- For more information on using the Renew utility and how to apply license files to your SAS deployment please read this article.
|SAS Version||License File to Use||SID Archive (ZIP) to Download|
|SAS 9.3 Windows 32-Bit||SAS93_9BLNZG_70009216_Win_Wrkstn.txt||SAS93_Renewal_14AUG2017.zip|
|SAS 9.3 Windows 64-Bit||SAS93_9BLNZG_70081284_Win_X64_Wrkstn.txt|
|SAS 9.3 Windows Server 64-Bit||SAS93_9BLNZG_70132158_Win_X64_Srv.txt|
|SAS 9.4 Windows 32-Bit||SAS94_9BLNZH_70009216_Win_Wrkstn.txt|
|SAS 9.4 Windows 64-Bit||SAS94_9BLNZH_70081284_Win_X64_Wrkstn.txt|
|SAS 9.4 Window Server 64-Bit||SAS94_9BLNZH_70132158_Win_X64_Srv.txt|
SAS System Requirements
Please check here to see if your system is supported to run SAS.
RStudio is a free and open-source integrated development environment (IDE) for R (GNU S), a programming language for statistical computing and graphics. It is very similar to the S system and is capable of a wide variety of analytical tasks such as: linear and nonlinear modelling, statistical tests, time series analysis, classification, and clustering. It runs on most platforms and is a great tool for those supporting Open Science. For more information, please visit: https://www.rstudio.com/. Click here to download R.