SAS Software Licensing
The SAS System is a comprehensive statistical software package from SAS Institute for data management, graphics, analysis, and presentation. For more information, please visit http://www.sas.com.
Staff, faculty, and students of OHSU may purchase a license with either departmental funds or personal funds.
Complete the SAS License Agreement and bring it to Library Administration, BICC 304; fax it to 503-494-3227; email to email@example.com or send it via campus mail to Software License, mailcode: LIB along with your payment information. Payment for personal purchases requires your OHSU badge to be shown. Payment methods accepted are VISA, MasterCard or cash. Licenses purchased with personal funds cannot be installed on OHSU owned machines.
The home use agreement allows you to use SAS at home for academic instruction and research only as long as your work machine has a license and you have filled out the Home Use License Agreement. In addition your work machine and home machine cannot use SAS at the same time. This form must be filled out in order to legally install SAS on your home machine.
For media upgrades complete the SAS License Agreement and bring to Library Administration (BICC 304) along with your OHSU employee photo ID for personal purchases or email, fax or send through campus mail for departmental purchases. We can send the media through campus mail.
- The license year is annual and runs from 11/1 to 10/31 and are sold on a first come, first serve basis.
- One license is required for each machine SAS is installed on.
- The cost for a single new license is $225; a single license renewal is $150.
- Installation media sets are available for $60.
The current versions are 9.3 and 9.22 in both 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows and version 9.1.3. System requirements are Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3; Windows NT with Service Pack 6a or higher; Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1; Intel Pentium II Processor and at least 256MB of RAM.
Technical Support for this license program is very limited. When issues do arise there are several options available for support:
- email a complete description along with error messages to firstname.lastname@example.org (type "Software License" in the To: field)
- call Library Administration at 503-494-6029 and we will work with you and SAS technical support to resolve the issue.
Additional online resources for both beginning and experienced SAS users:
- How do I use SAS with ICPSR files?
- An excellent SAS Link: UCLA SAS Library . This link contains pages that have an introduction to SAS as well as in depth information about particular features of SAS.
- Basic info for novice SAS users
- Computational resources links for multivariate analysis (Rohlf)
SAS offers the following support for both instructors and students using the SAS Academic Program http://support.sas.com/learn/ap/index.html at no additional charge including:
- Teaching Materials from SAS http://support.sas.com/learn/ap/tkit/ including documents, slides and data sets from SAS public training courses provided at no charge. Professors contact email@example.com with list of those desired along with the courses they will be used in, and SAS will send licensing documents for the professor's signature and provide the materials within two weeks of signing
- free copies of SAS publications may be ordered through our Academic Evaluation Copy Program http://support.sas.com/publishing/survey/deskcopy_info06.html.
- students that have worked on projects or papers using SAS might be interested in applying for scholarships available at regional and global SAS user group meetings. The SAS Student Ambassador Program http://www.sas.com/govedu/edu/programs/stuamb_overview.html will begin accepting applications this summer for SAS Global Forum in March, 2010
- the SAS Student Network http://www.sas.com/govedu/edu/programs/studentnetwork.html and other resources for students http://www.sas.com/govedu/edu/programs/studentresources.html for networking, job search and support are available, including a discount for students and faculty to become SAS Certified http://support.sas.com/certify/indiv.html.
From time to time SAS Technical Support releases Hot Fixes for SAS. SAS recommends that these not be downloaded or applied to SAS unless you are having specific issues that the Hot Fix will repair. Installing the Hot Fixes without having demonstrated problems with the software can cause additional problems.
Generally, Hot Fixes will be included in the next software update or release.
For more information about Hot Fixes and their installation please check the faq at http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/faq.html.