Resources for Non-OHSU Library Users
|Please note: OHSU Library provides access to a separate suite of Resources for Non-OHSU Oregon Licensed Health Professionals.|
The OHSU Library is open to the public.
- Public Workstation Use Policy
- Copying & Printing Services
Library resources, including full-text electronic resources, may be used in the Library. There are charges for photocopying and printing.
- Circulation Services
- Consumer Health
- Consumer health resources selected by the OHSU Library.
- Document Delivery Services
- Online reference resources selected by the OHSU Library.
- Health Information by Mail or E-Mail
Current consumer health/patient information tailored to individual requests. Available at no charge to Oregonians.
The following links provide access to some additional biomedical resources reviewed by OHSU reference librarians.
Journals, Books, Databases
- Check to see if OHSU Library owns a book/journal or what materials the Library owns for a particular subject.
- Combination textbook/journal.
- Hundreds of full-text books in several languages, plus full-text journals and e-mail updates.
- Archive of full-text articles in science and medicine.
- Link to free online journals covering scientific, technical and medical topics (over 3200 titles.)
- Search for free online articles
PubMed Central - National Library of Medicine's digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature, providing free access to the full text of articles.
MedBioWorld - The premier online resource portal for medical and biotechnology professionals.
- Consumer health information selected by the National Library of Medicine
- AltaVista Translation Service
- Translates text or Web pages in any of 9 languages.
- Finding Info on the Net
- The best of its kind.
- The Web's best search engine.
- Library of Congress
- News, CME, full-text articles and a lot more.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine/Pacific Northwest Region
- Lots of useful resources, including special pages for primary care and rural health.
- NY Times Navigator
- The second best collection of reference tools on the Web.
- Comprehensive databaase with useful annotations.
- Oregon Blue Book
- Oregon's almanac.
- An excellent guide to bogus health information on the Web.
- Ref Desk
- The best collection of reference tools on the Web.