Reserve Group Study Room
Collaborative Learning Space 441/443Common questions related to reserving and use of the Collaborative Learning Space (BICC 441/443) in the OHSU Library are answered below:
- For how long a period can I reserve a room?
- You can reserve a room for up to 4 hours. You can "renew" the reservation for up to an additional 4 hours if no one else has already reserved that time.
- Can I check to see what items I have booked?
- View your patron record to see what items you have booked and other information about your patron record.
- How many people will the rooms accommodate?
- The Collaborative Learning Space (BICC 441/443) can accomodate up to 8 people.
Where do I get the key for the room?
- Pick the key up at the Circulation Desk at the time of your reservation.
- If I’m late picking up the key, how long will you hold the room?
- The room will be held for 15 minutes after the time the room has been reserved.
If the key is not checked out within 15 minutes of its reserve time, then others will be allowed to utilize the room for the remaining hours. The key may only be checked out to the person who books the room.
- What amenities come with the room?
- The Collaborative Learning Space (Room 441/443) has two 36" LCD screens, eight data ports for laptops with the ability to toggle between displays; DVD/VCR player; two jacks for wired internet access; wireless access; and a large white board. Sets of markers are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
- What happens if I lose the key for the room?
- A $25 replacement fee will be assessed if you lose the room key.
- Is there an “overdue fine” if I don’t release the room on time.
- There is a $5 hour fine for failing to release the room on time.
- Is it possible to book the room in advance for multiple sessions?
- Yes, but you will need to book each meeting separately.
- Which group study rooms can be reserved?
- Currently, only the Collaborative Learning Space (Room 441/443) can be reserved. All other rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Are there any maintenance charges for using the rooms?
- There are no charges as long as the rooms are kept clean and tidy. A cleaning fee of up to $20 may be assessed if the room is not left in good condition. Please let staff at the Circulation Desk know if the room is in disarray, or equipment is damaged, when you enter.
- Can anyone reserve a group study room?
- Only OHSU faculty, students and staff can reserve a group study room.
- Who do I contact for technical support?
- Contact the Circulation Desk at 503-494-3460.
- How can I reserve a group study room?
- In the OHSU library catalog do a title search on “study room”.
Click on the "Book This Item" button.
Enter your last name and library barcode number.
Enter your start date and time.
Click on the "Submit" button.
Enter the end time - up to 4 hours after the start date.
Click on the "Submit" button.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
Click the "OK' button.
- How do I cancel a booking?
- In the OHSU library catalog under "My Library", click on "Your Patron Record"
Login with your name and library barcode number.
Click on the "1 item booked for future use" section of the patron view.
Select the "cancel all" or "cancel selected items" button and select the booking you want to cancel.
Collaborative Learning Space Study Room Use Policy
- Room use is for OHSU students, faculty and staff only.
- Preference for using the Collaborative Learning Space is given to patrons using the room equipment (eight data ports; two LCD screens; DVD/VCR).
- Preference is given to multiple users (two or more).
- Room may be booked in advance for up to four hours and may be "renewed" for up to an additional four hours if the room has not been reserved by someone else.
- Room can be booked for several sessions, but each session must be booked separately.
- Room is not to be booked for use as a regular classroom.
- The requestor is responsible for locking up the rooms and returning the keys to the Circulation Desk when finished using the rooms.
- There is a $25.00 replacement fee for lost room keys.
- There is a thirty minute grace period, after which a $5.00 an hour "over due" fine is assessed for failure to release the rooms on time.
- Please leave the rooms clean and tidy after use. A cleaning fee of up to $20.00 may be assessed if the room is left untidy.
- Please report any problems immediately to the Circulation Desk.