Library Resources for Physician Assistant Students: Journals
Why do these journal links go through the library catalog?Sometimes there is more than one publisher that provides access to a journal or the coverage years vary between different publishers. Often a publisher will change the URL to a particular journal. These changes could create frequent broken links to these resources. For these and other reasons these links usually are routed through the OHSU Library catalog.
- American Journal of Epidemiology
- Annals of Epidemiology
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- BMJ: British Medical Journal
- Clinical Practice Guidelines - both for consumers and for clinicians
Library has Clinical practice guidelines directory for 1999 (available to check out) and 2000 (Reference Section, Section 9). There are also clinical practice guidelines available online at http://www.guideline.gov/browse/guideline_index.aspx.
- Cochrane Library
- Emergency Medicine
- Evidence Based Medicine
Through Ovid. In Ovid scroll down to "EBM Reviews" listings.
- Evidence-Based Medicine for Primary Care & Internal Medicine
- Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- JAAPA: official journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Family Practice
- Journal of the American Board of Family Practice
- New England Journal of Medicine