IBM® SPSS® Statistics
For students, IBM® SPSS® Statistics Gradpacks or software leasing programs are available through the IBM® SPSS® Statistics website at http://www.spss.com/vertical_markets/education/online.htm?CFID=9158894&CFTOKEN=eafbcf2a8385f02-0B8BAF54-65BF-70A5-9EC5C27ABC4146B5
Staff and faculty of OHSU may purchase a license with either departmental funds or personal funds.
For departmental new licenses or renewals complete the IBM® SPSS® Statistics License Agreement for each license and bring it to Library Administration, BICC 304; fax it to 503-494-3227, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via campus mail to Software License, mailcode: LIB. Your proof of license purchase and install CD are sent via campus mail or can be picked up by appointment.
For personal renewals and new license purchases complete the IBM® SPSS® Statistics Personal License Agreement and bring it to Library Administration (BICC 304) along with your OHSU employee photo ID. Payment methods accepted are VISA, MasterCard or cash.
The license year is annual and runs from October 1 to September 30.
One license is required for each university-owned machine IBM® SPSS® Statistics is installed on.
- $175.00 per new license
- $125.00 per license renewal
- Installation media sets are available for $60.00
Volume purchase discounts are available. 10-20 licenses (new or renewals) $100 per license; 20-30 licenses (new or renewals) $90 per license; 30 or more licenses (new or renewals) $80 per license. For volume purchases, please attach a spreadsheet to one license agreement.
The current versions of IBM® SPSS® Statistics are 19.0, 20.0 and 21.0. OHSU currently supports all.
PC system requirements are Windows XP, VISTA and Windows 7 with an Intel® or AMD x86 processor running at 1GHz or higher, a minimum of 512 MB of RAM (1GB preferred), and 800 MB of available hard disk space, CD-ROM drive.
Technical Support is available. When issues do arise there are several options available for support-
1. you can use the SPSS technical support page by creating a login using required information found on the media case at http://www.spss.com/TechSupport/?source=homepage&hpzone=nav_bar. If you want to track your issue IBM® SPSS® Statistics has a new electronic service - Electronic Case Notification.
This tool will be used to quickly and conveniently provide you with automatic updates whenever Technical Support modifies your support case.
When you receive the notification in your email, select the case link and you will be directed to your case via the Technical Support Website. You will be able to view the case notes, communicate with your support specialist, and attach files to your case via the website.
2. email a complete description along with error messages to email@example.com (type "Software License" in the To: field).
3. contact Library Administration at 503-494-6029 and we will work with you and IBM® SPSS® Statistics technical support to resolve the issue via the phone.
Additional online resources for both beginning and experienced SPSS users:
· IBM® SPSS® Statistics Academic Resource Center
· Introduction to SPSS: http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu/projects/SPSS_Tutorial/spsstut.shtml
· How do I use SPSS with ICPSR files?
· An excellent SPSS Link: SPSS at UCLA
· IBM® SPSS® Statistics Frequently Asked Questions Click on this link
· Raynald Levesque's user friendly site: http://www.spsstools.net/