IBM® SPSS® Statistics
For students, IBM® SPSS® Statistics Gradpacks or software leasing programs are available through the IBM® SPSS® Statistics website at http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/spss-stats-gradpack.
Staff and faculty of OHSU may purchase a license with either departmental funds or personal funds.
For departmental new licenses or renewals complete the IBM® SPSS® Statistics License Agreement for each license and bring it to Library Administration, BICC 304; fax it to 503-494-3227, email to email@example.com or send it via campus mail to Software License, mai lcode: LIB. Your proof of license purchase and install CD are sent via campus mail or can be picked up by appointment.
For personal renewals and new license purchases complete the IBM® SPSS® Statistics Personal License Agreement and bring it to Library Administration (BICC 304) along with your OHSU employee photo ID. Payment methods accepted are VISA, MasterCard or cash.
The license year is annual and runs from October 1 to September 30.
One license is required for each university-owned machine IBM® SPSS® Statistics is installed on.
- $175.00 per new license
- $125.00 per license renewal
- Installation media sets are available for $60.00
Volume purchase discounts are available:
- 10-20 licenses (new or renewals) $100 per license
- 20-30 licenses (new or renewals) $90 per license
- 30 or more licenses (new or renewals) $80 per license.
For volume purchases, please attach a spreadsheet to one license agreement with a spreadsheet attached noting the location of the computer with the installation.
The most recent version of IBM® SPSS® Statistics is 22. The OHSU Library supports previous versions 19, 20 and 21 with codes but not the software.
PC system requirements are Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with an Intel® or AMD x86 processor running at 1GHz or higher, a minimum of 1GB of RAM and 2 GB of available hard disk space, DVD/CD drive.
Technical Support is available. When issues do arise there are several options available for support- http://www-01.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/resources.html
- You can use the SPSS technical support page by creating a login using required information found on the media case at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21497485. If you would like to track your issue IBM® SPSS® Statistics has a new electronic service - Electronic Case Notification.
This tool will be used to quickly and conveniently provide you with automatic updates whenever Technical Support modifies your support case. Once an email notification arrivals in your email, select the case link and you will be directed to your case via the Technical Support Website. You will be able to view the case notes, communicate with your support specialist and attach files to your case via the website.
- Contact the OHSU Library buy either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 503.494.6029 with a complete description along with any error messages and we will work with IBM® SPSS® technical support to resolve your issue.
Additional online resources for both beginning and experienced SPSS users:
- IBM® SPSS® Statistics- http://www-01.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/academic/solutions/teachersandresearchers.html
- Introduction to SPSS- http://www.open.edu/openlearn/society/politics-policy-people/sociology/getting-started-spss/content-section-0
- SPSS and ICPSR files - https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/themes/tiger/index.jsp
- An excellent SPSS Link- http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/
- Raynald Levesque's user friendly site- http://www.spsstools.net/