For more information about borrowing materials from the OHSU Library, contact the Service Desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-3460.
The following people may check items out from the OHSU Library system:
- OHSU faculty, staff and students
- OHSU Alumni
- OHSU Volunteer Faculty
- VAMC and SHCC personnel
- Licensed Oregon health professionals (annual fee required)
- Faculty, staff and students at institutions with which we have reciprocal borrowing agreements, including Orbis Cascade Alliance members
- Oregon residents whose home library participates in the Oregon Library Passport program
- Other Oregon and SW Washington residents and businesses (annual fee required)
All borrowers must have a current library barcode to check-out items from the library.
The library only ships physical materials to our distance learners. We regret that we are unable to extend this service to international distance learners. Please email email@example.com to discuss your options.
- OHSU alumni - no charge
- Licensed Oregon health professionals - no charge
- Other Oregon residents - Annual fee of $ 50.00
- Oregon group or firm (three or more members) - Annual fee of $500.00
- Oregon residents whose home library participates in the Oregon Library Passport program - no charge
There are no card fees for OHSU faculty, staff and students or for faculty, staff and students from institutions with which OHSU has reciprocal borrowing agreements. Registrants must show current identification. Oregon health professionals need to provide current license information.
Please note: There is no charge for the online services provided for Oregon Licensed Health Professionals.
Materials in the reference collection, special collections and the current 5 years of journals are non-circulating.
Circulation periods for other library materials are:
|Reserves||2 hours, in-library|
|Books||28 days, 3 renewals|
|Journals > 5 years||7 days, no renewals|
|Multimedia||14 days, 3 renewals|
Materials may be renewed online or calling (503) 494-3460.
Overdue fines and fees per item: (Up to $20.00 maximum)
|General material||$.50 per day|
|Reserve material||Hourly loans: $.25 per hour|
|Summit or ILL material||$.50 per day|
When fines total $20 or over, circulation privileges will be suspended, including Summit Borrowing for OHSU faculty, staff and students.
Unreturned or damaged library items will be billed to the borrower for the full cost of replacement by a new item of the same or newer publication date, a $25 processing fee, and any accumulated fines.
An item which is returned after being billed as unreturned will have the replacement and processing fees waived, if it is returned before the billing is sent to collections.
Learn how to renew library materials, update your patron information and check your record for overdue fine information- all online.