OHSU's Annual Poetry Contest
OHSU Library & OHSU WRITEs Annual Poetry Contest Guidelines
OHSU student, staff, faculty and volunteers are invited to submit 1-2 original, unpublished poems on or before April 15th, 2017. Please comply with the following guidelines:
- Poems must be written in English and cannot exceed 2 pages (double-spaced). A maximum of 2 poems per author will be accepted.
- A recognition of achievement will be awarded to the 3 top-rated poems with special consideration in the following categories:
- OHSU experience –What do you see every day? Where do you work? How are you learning?
- Artistic excellence –Quality of word choice, flow of ideas, and poetic form
- Health &Healing –Thematic focus on these concepts in life/work/culture
- All submissions must include a separate cover page with author's contact information (author's name, address, phone number, and email)
- Send your poem(s) and separate cover sheet as a Word document or PDF attachment to email@example.com with "Poetry Contest" in the subject line
- If you would like your poem(s) to be added to OHSU Library's historical and digital collections, please include a signed release form with your submission (although the poem(s) will be accepted for the contest, they will not be added to historical and digital collections without a signed release form).
- Poems will be judged by a panel of OHSU staff
- The authors of the winning poems and honorable mentions will receive recognition on the OHSU Library website and will have an to opportunity to read their poem at a Poetry Contest recognition event hosted by OHSU Library on Friday, May 12th at noon in the OHSU Auditorium.
- The winning poems will be framed and showcased in the OHSU Library (BICC 3rd floor)
OHSU Library and OHSU WRITEs are excited to support a forum for the OHSU community to express their creativity and share their insight with others.