OHSU Library Annual Poetry Contest
The OHSU Library invites submissions for its annual Poetry Contest! OHSU students, staff, faculty, alumni and volunteers are invited to submit one or two original, unpublished poems. The deadline for submissions is March 16, 2018.
Poems will be judged by a group of OHSU staff, and the author of the winning poem will receive a $75 gift card, second place will receive a $50 gift card, and third place will receive a $25 gift card. Winners will be contacted in late March 2018.
The authors of all winning poems and those receiving honorable mentions will be invited to speak at OHSU's poetry recognition event in April 2018 (National Poetry Month).
The winning poems will be framed and showcased in the OHSU Library (BICC 3rd floor).
OHSU Library is excited to support a forum for the OHSU community to express their creativity and share their insight and experience with others!
Poetry Submission Guidelines
- Poems must be written in English and cannot exceed two pages (double-spaced). A maximum of two poems per author will be accepted.
- Prizes will be awarded to the three top-rated poems with special consideration in the following categories:
- OHSU experience –What do you see every day? Where do you work? How are you learning?
- Artistic excellence –Quality of word choice, flow of ideas, creativity, impact, unique expression, and poetic form.
- Education, Research, and Health Care –Thematic focus on these concepts in life/work/culture.
- To submit a poem, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A cover page with your contact information (author's name, address, phone number, and email) and poem title(s).
- Your poem(s) as a Word or PDF attachment. Your name should NOT appear on your poem(s).
- Please use "Poetry Contest" as the subject line of your e-mail.
By submitting your poem(s) to the Poetry Contest, you grant OHSU the non-exclusive right to copy and redistribute your creative work in any medium or format in perpetuity. You will retain all of your copyrights, and be able to republish and redistribute your work without restriction.