OHSU Library Poetry Contest Guidelines
If you are an OHSU student, staff, or faculty member, you may submit one original, unpublished poem on or before February 15, 2014.
- Poems must be written in English and cannot exceed 2 pages (double spaced).
- Although the subject of the poem is up to the author, suggested topics will relate to:
- OHSU university culture or
- OHSU university experience
- Poems will be judged on:
- Unique expression
- All submissions must include contact information (name, address, phone number, and email of author)
- Send your poem to email@example.com with “Poetry Contest” in the subject.
- Poems will be judged by a panel of OHSU Library staff.
- Winners will be notified in April 2014.
- Results of the contest will be announced on our website: http://www.ohsu.edu/library in April 2014.
- The winning poem will be framed and showcased in the Library and on the Library’s website: http://www.ohsu.edu/library
- The winning author will receive a gift certificate in the amount of $100.
- Honorable mentions will also be showcased on our website and authors shall receive $25 gift cards.
- A copy of all submissions will be deposited in the OHSU Library Historical Collection & Archives.
- All prizes will be subject to taxation in accordance with OHSU policies.
OHSU Library and OHSU WRITES program are thankful for the opportunity to offer a forum in which the OHSU community may express themselves and share their experiences with others.
For inspiration, check out these poetry contests: