Resources for Non-OHSU Oregon Licensed Health Professionals
Accessing these resources
*New Users Start Here
A library barcode is required to access some of the resources. Log in using your last name and barcode number when requested.
LOOKING FOR THE OFF-CAMPUS LOGIN PAGE or BUTTON?
There isn't one. You must use the links from this page in order for the off campus access to work. When you click on any link below, the system will prompt you to log in.
Core clinical resources
Please Note: Reprints Desk is only available to MD/DOs.
This article delivery pilot project is offered to MDs and DOs only. You must first request an OHSU Library barcode. Registered users of this service may request electronic delivery of up to three journal articles on a first-come, first-served basis for the duration of the project which will end in June, 2014 or when the funds appropriated for the project are spent. To register, order articles or learn more about the service go to more info.
Access Medicine includes 75 reference books covering medicine and the basic sciences, including the Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment series, Harrison's, Goodman and Gilman's and much more. It can be personalized and offers downloads for mobile devices.
MD/DOs Reprints Desk PubMed Access
PubMed provides indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, health care, preclinical sciences, and a select group of life sciences journal articles from 1947 to the present and will link to full text in PubMed Central.
Hundreds of websites you can trust from the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section of the Medical Library Association.
The National Library of Medicine's website for patients and their families and friends includes information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues. Includes a significant amount of information in Spanish.
|National Guideline Clearinghouse
A database of clinical practice guidelines created by the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ).
Provides access to high quality full-text consumer health information in English and Spanish that is accurate, timely, relevant and unbiased.
Journals, Books, Databases Free to All
- Hundreds of full-text books in several languages, plus full-text journals and e-mail updates.
If you're in the state of Oregon, there's a collection of electronic resources available to you via any public library. Find your public library here.
- Archive of full-text articles in science and medicine.
- Consumer health information selected by the National Library of Medicine
- Merck Medicus
- MD Consult, Harrison's, Merck Manual, Cecil, Praxis MD, Dxplain. Some resources limited to licensed health professionals and medical students.
- Order form for journal articles from the OHSU Library.
- Loansome Doc
- Order form for journal articles not available from the OHSU Library.
- Health Info by Mail or E-Mail
- Current consumer health/patient information tailored to individual requests. Available at no charge to Oregonians.
- Library Barcode Application
- Renew Book
Hot SitesOffice of Rural Health
OHSU Area Health Education Center
- News, CME, full-text articles and a lot more.
- Comprehensive database with useful annotations.
- Internet for School Nurses
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine/Pacific Northwest Region
- Lots of useful resources, including special pages for primary care and rural health.
- Library of Congress
- Oregon Blue Book
- Oregon's almanac.
- Ref Desk
- The best collection of reference tools on the Web.