Resources for Non-OHSU Oregon Licensed Health Professionals
Core clinical resourcesNeed help navigating these resources?
- Print the Resources Guide for Oregon Licensed Health Professionals (PDF) or
- Print the tri-fold, color brochure of Resources for Oregon Health Care Providers and their Patients (PDF)
Medline with Full-Text from
|Medline Full-Text from EBSCO
Authoritative biomedical information, utilizing MeSH indexing to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals and full-text for more than 1,450 journals.
List of all titles available in full-text Medline via EBSCO (PDF).
PubMed user? To access the full text provided from EBSCO via PubMed, you must:
It's important to follow these steps and use the links here to access full text. If you don't you'll see a screen with the article information and a message that the article could not be found.
The freely available verion of PubMed provides indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, health care, preclinical sciences, and a select group of life sciences journal articles from 1947 to the present and will link to full text in PubMed Central.
A clinical reference tool for use at the point-of-care, which includes evidence-based, clinically-organized summaries for over 3,000 topics and is updated daily. Also includes calculators and patient handouts.
Request mobile access to Dynamed! In your email requesting mobile access, please note that your access to Dynamed is provided via the “Oregon Physicians” account.
Hundreds of websites you can trust from the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section of the Medical Library Association.
A collection of full-text electronics books, including Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, ACP Medicine, ACP Surgery, and ACP PIER.
The National Library of Medicine's website for patients and their families and friends includes information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues. Includes a significant amount of information in Spanish.
|National Guideline Clearinghouse
A database of clinical practice guidelines created by the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ).
Provides access to high quality full-text consumer health information in English and Spanish that is accurate, timely, relevant and unbiased.
Journals, Books, Databases Free to AllE-Journals
- Resources listed that do not display a lock icon ( ) are freely available.
- National Library of Medicine's own search engine for Medline. Includes "See Related Articles" and "Clinical Queries" features.
- NLM Gateway
- Links to Clinical Alerts, Clinical trials, HSTAT, Locatorplus, MEDLINEplus, TOXNET, PubMed.
- Hundreds of full-text books in several languages, plus full-text journals and e-mail updates.
If you're in the state of Oregon, there's a collection of electronic resources available to you via any public library. Find your public library here.
- Archive of full-text articles in science and medicine.
- Consumer health information selected by the National Library of Medicine
- Merck Medicus
- MD Consult, Harrison's, Merck Manual, Cecil, Praxis MD, Dxplain. Some resources limited to licensed health professionals and medical students.
- Order form for journal articles from the OHSU Library.
- Loansome Doc
- Order form for journal articles not available from the OHSU Library.
- Health Info by Mail or E-Mail
- Current consumer health/patient information tailored to individual requrests. Available at no charge to Oregonians.
- Library Barcode Application
- Renew Book
HelpLibrary Resources Demonstrations
- Pubmed Tutorial
- Ask A Librarian
- Help from OHSU reference librarians
- On-Site Presentations/Demonstrations
- Presentations on OHSU Library services and resources at your hospital or clinic. Call 503-494-3474 for additional information.
- Finding Info on the Net
- The best of its kind.
- An excellent guide to bogus health information on the Web.
Hot SitesOffice of Rural Health
OHSU Area Health Education Center
- Go to Health
- An interesting collection of links, compiled by an OHSU librarian.
- News, CME, full-text articles and a lot more.
- Comprehensive databaase with useful annotations.
- OHSU Library Public Health Nursing
- Public health nursing resources selected by the OHSU Library.
- Internet for School Nurses
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine/Pacific Northwest Region
- Lots of useful resources, including special pages for primary care and rural health.
- Library of Congress
- Oregon Blue Book
- Oregon's almanac.
- NY Times Navigator
- The second best collection of reference tools on the Web.
- Ref Desk
- The best collection of reference tools on the Web.
- AltaVista Translation Service
- Translates text or Web pages in any of 9 languages.