Resources for Non-OHSU Oregon Licensed Health Professionals
New resources are now available on this page. We’ve added access to Access Medicine and now offer journal article delivery to MDs and DOs through a service called Reprints Desk. Inquiries about these changes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing these resources
*New Users Start Here
A library barcode is required to access some of the resources. Log in using your last name and barcode number when requested.
LOOKING FOR THE OFF-CAMPUS LOGIN PAGE or BUTTON?
There isn't one. You must use the links from this page in order for the off campus access to work. When you click on any link below, the system will prompt you to log in.
Core clinical resources
Please Note: Reprints Desk is only available to MD/DOs.
This article delivery pilot project is offered to MDs and DOs only. You must first request an OHSU Library barcode. Registered users of this service may request electronic delivery of up to three journal articles on a first-come, first-served basis for the duration of the project which will end in June, 2014 or when the funds appropriated for the project are spent. To register, order articles or learn more about the service go to more info.
Access Medicine includes 75 reference books covering medicine and the basic sciences, including the Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment series, Harrison's, Goodman and Gilman's and much more. It can be personalized and offers downloads for mobile devices.
MD/DOs Reprints Desk PubMed Access
PubMed provides indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental, veterinary, health care, preclinical sciences, and a select group of life sciences journal articles from 1947 to the present and will link to full text in PubMed Central.
Hundreds of websites you can trust from the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section of the Medical Library Association.
The National Library of Medicine's website for patients and their families and friends includes information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues. Includes a significant amount of information in Spanish.
|National Guideline Clearinghouse
A database of clinical practice guidelines created by the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ).
Provides access to high quality full-text consumer health information in English and Spanish that is accurate, timely, relevant and unbiased.
Journals, Books, Databases Free to AllE-Journals
- Resources listed that do not display a lock icon ( ) are freely available.
- National Library of Medicine's own search engine for Medline. Includes "See Related Articles" and "Clinical Queries" features.
- NLM Gateway
- Links to Clinical Alerts, Clinical trials, HSTAT, Locatorplus, MEDLINEplus, TOXNET, PubMed.
- Hundreds of full-text books in several languages, plus full-text journals and e-mail updates.
If you're in the state of Oregon, there's a collection of electronic resources available to you via any public library. Find your public library here.
- Archive of full-text articles in science and medicine.
- Consumer health information selected by the National Library of Medicine
- Merck Medicus
- MD Consult, Harrison's, Merck Manual, Cecil, Praxis MD, Dxplain. Some resources limited to licensed health professionals and medical students.
- Order form for journal articles from the OHSU Library.
- Loansome Doc
- Order form for journal articles not available from the OHSU Library.
- Health Info by Mail or E-Mail
- Current consumer health/patient information tailored to individual requrests. Available at no charge to Oregonians.
- Library Barcode Application
- Renew Book
HelpLibrary Resources Demonstrations
- Pubmed Tutorial
- Ask A Librarian
- Help from OHSU reference librarians
- On-Site Presentations/Demonstrations
- Presentations on OHSU Library services and resources at your hospital or clinic. Call 503-494-3474 for additional information.
- Finding Info on the Net
- The best of its kind.
- An excellent guide to bogus health information on the Web.
Hot SitesOffice of Rural Health
OHSU Area Health Education Center
- Go to Health
- An interesting collection of links, compiled by an OHSU librarian.
- News, CME, full-text articles and a lot more.
- Comprehensive databaase with useful annotations.
- OHSU Library Public Health Nursing
- Public health nursing resources selected by the OHSU Library.
- Internet for School Nurses
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine/Pacific Northwest Region
- Lots of useful resources, including special pages for primary care and rural health.
- Library of Congress
- Oregon Blue Book
- Oregon's almanac.
- NY Times Navigator
- The second best collection of reference tools on the Web.
- Ref Desk
- The best collection of reference tools on the Web.
- AltaVista Translation Service
- Translates text or Web pages in any of 9 languages.