The EZproxy Bookmarklet is very useful if you prefer to access e-resources without needing to first visit the Library website. For example, you'd like to access full text via direct links sent to you (ex: Ovid eTOC email links) that don't have the ezproxy prepend.
How to install EzProxy Bookmarklet?
- For Internet Explorer: right click on the button and select "Add to Favorites..." from the menu. If it asks to continue, click Yes. In the "Add a Favorite" options, choose the "Create In" drop-down menu and select "Favorites Toolbar". You can also rename the bookmarklet here if you want to. Click Add.
- For Firefox: right click on the button and select "Bookmark This Link" to add it to your bookmarks or drag the link to your Bookmarks Toolbar. If your bookmarks toolbar is hidden, go to the View menu option, select "Toolbars" and check "Bookmarks Toolbar." You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
- For Chrome: drag the button to your Bookmarks Bar. If your bookmarks bar is hidden, go to the View menu option and select "Always Show Bookmarks Bar". You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
- For Safari: drag the button to your Toolbar. If your toolbar is hidden, go to the View menu option and select "Show Toolbar". You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
How to use EzProxy Bookmarklet?
- Not start your search from the Library website or unable to access an e-resource from a website or a database or prompted to pay? Or if for some reason, you'd like to access full text via direct links sent to you (ex: Ovid eTOC email links) that don't have the ezproxy prepend?
- After you click on the un-proxy link, click on the EzProxy Bookmarklet. Log in if prompted. The page should then reload via EzProxy and provide you access.
- If you receive error or you still cannot get access, it may be because the OHSU Library does not have licensed access to a particular resource or has not configured the resource in EzProxy.
- For help, please contact us.
EzProxy Redirect is a browser extension but available only to Chrome users.
To install, go to Chrome web store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/app
- Search and install Chrome extension named "EZProxy Redirect".
- A new icon named "Reload through EZProxy" should appear to the right of Chrome's toolbar.
- Right-click the new icon and select Options.
- Select OHSU from the list of schools or manually enter "http://liboff.ohsu.edu/login?url=$@" to the EZProxy URL box and click Save.
After that, when you click on one of the direct links to full text, and when you have a journal page showing, click the "Reload through EZProxy" button you just installed in Chrome. It should redirect you to the proxied URL or to the EzProxy login prompt if needed.
How to manually generate proxy URLs:
For example, you are linking a journal article to your Sakai course site. Use this method to build your link to ensure your students can use our proxy.
- Find the permanent URL you would like to use for the article, ebook, etc. (ex: Ovid eTOC email links). Note: please make sure you are copying a permanent URL, not a session-specific URL.
- Copy that permanent URL to notepad or any text editor.
- Add the proxy prefix "http://liboff.ohsu.edu/login?url=" to the front of that permanent URL.
- Copy and paste the final link into your browser's address bar. The system will prompt for proxy login and then redirect you to the resource only if the OHSU library does own it.
- For example:
The non-proxy link for Ovid is: http://gateway.ovid.com/autologin.html (this link would only work for on-campus access but not off-campus)
For off campus access, the final link with proxy prefix would be: