Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credit from UpToDate
- access Up To Date through the OHSU Library homepage or through EPIC
- and complete a one-time registration.
From the web: Pick the appropriate link from the library homepage to access UpToDate with CME (note: there are different links for on and off campus access).
From EPIC: Click the EPIC icon in the upper left corner once you have logged in, click on References, and then Online References, to get to UpToDate.
- When you first access UpToDate, you will be asked to establish an account within the UpToDate site. This will allow you to accrue, manage, and redeem CME credits. You will not be able to earn or redeem CME credits until your account has been established.
- UpToDate will confirm your registration with an ID and password. As soon as you get this confirmation, go to My Account and change your password to something you can remember.
- You will use this user name and password to redeem your CME/CE credit and to access the My Account section of UpToDate.
- Once registration is complete, you will begin earning CME by searching UpToDate and answering questions about how you used the information you found. The CME tab at the top of your screen provides a running tally of your credits.
- In addition, by being registered, you will only see the UpToDate license acceptance button three times a year rather than with every login.
- You are responsible for collecting and reporting the UpToDate CME credits to appropriate groups.