- Budget: Assist in the management of the library administration budget including operating expenses. Monitor travel budget for OHSU Library staff. Authorize and facilitate expenditures on procurement cards. Oversee the Library’s software sales program. Oversee timekeeping and labor distributions and supervise timekeepers. Monitor sick leave and vacation accruals. Keep track of FMLA and extended medical leave donation records.
- Grant Administration: Assist and advise investigators with grant and contract applications, processing and reporting. Oversee effort statement reporting.
- Manage the OHSU Library administration group – 1 Senior Accounting Technician, 1 Senior Accountant and 1 Administrative Coordinator
- Advertise open positions and manage faculty and student recruitment, as well as orient new staff to OHSU and OHSU Library policies and procedures. Serve as liaison between OHSU HR and OHSU Library.
- Provide administrative support to OHSU Library staff responsible for accreditation, grant reports, surveys, and statistics reporting.
- Oversee and report the OHSU Library's annual inventory to Fixed Assets and annual space inventory to Space Planning and Management.
- Brigham Young University Provo, UT B.A. Sociology/Psychology
- Ricks College (BYU-ID) Rexburg, ID A.A. Sociology/Psychology
Other Professional ExperienceInterim Office Manager, OHSU Library
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR August 2011 – March 2012
Administrative Coordinator, OHSU Library
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR May 2009 – August 2011
- Office support for Library Administration including administrative, logistical, and travel needs of Library staff and visitors. Handle the order processing of office and archival supplies. Coordinate event planning including taking minutes, room arrangements and catering. Maintain records and filing systems. Serve as telephone counselor and provide minor computer support to administrative staff. Recommend improvements to administrative workflow.
- Coordinate and implement the entire administrative process of the Library’s software sales program. Serve as site coordinator for campus wide software licensing programs and disseminate policies and information to OHSU staff and students. Make independent decisions regarding coordination of the program. Serve as liaison between the Library, OHSU staff and students, software vendors, and the Oregon Educational Technology Consortium (OETC). Coordinate billing, track payments, and reconcile ledgers and internal billing.
- Human Resources: Serve as a timekeeper, monitor suspense reports, and correct pay reports. Process personnel actions, labor distributions and distribution adjustments, new hire paperwork, and ID card requests. Maintain workflow between Library and Human Resources.
- Finance: Provide assistance to the Senior Accountant and Senior Accounting Technician with special projects and troubleshooting. Process travel reimbursements and track travel expenditures. Support investigators with grant and contract applications, processing and reporting. Check grant balances and spending against spending records. Work with Department Effort Coordinator making sure that grant effort is reported correctly through the use of Labor Distribution and Distribution Adjustments.
- Building Management: Serve as Assistant Building Manager for the Biomedical Information Communication Center (BICC). Oversee and track work orders and key requests. Coordinate and schedule meeting rooms. Manage and implement the Library’s annual fixed asset and space inventories. Serve as liaison to building occupants, Facilities and Real Estate, Public Safety, Environmental Health & Radiation Safety, Risk Management, and internal/external contractors. Serves on the Library Emergency Planning Team.
- Updates the departmental web page and Library Bridge as needed.
Administrative Assistant, OHSU Library
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR November 2007 – May 2009
- Office support for Library Administration including maintenance of HR records; maintenance of filing systems; coordinate processing of forms, travel, disbursement, personnel action; order equipment and supplies including office, library and archival using Oracle; maintenance of Excel spreadsheets; frontline computer support to staff; take minutes; coordinate catering, meeting rooms, parking and meetings
- Responsible for the sale and support of SPSS and SAS statistical software for the OHSU community; act as site license coordinator for campus wide licensing programs; oversee Organization for Educational Technology and Curriculum membership and orders
- Track billing and reconcile purchases using the OHSU Internal Billing System
- Coordinate building maintenance projects as directed by the University Librarian and building manager
- Serve on departmental committees as assigned
- Update the departmental web page as needed
Self Employed August 2005- November 2007
- Developed organization strategies and team building for small organizations in Washington, Montana and California through assessment, individual and workgroup coaching and facilitation.
- Volunteer work with the elderly, interfacing with family and community resources to provide services
- Gardening Consultation – designing flower and vegetable beds, planting and creating long term maintenance plans for clients
- Consulted on technology trends for small businesses in California and Washington; recommending hardware and software for optimal performance as well as providing training and support after the installation of the new systems.
Operations Manager, Edu-Tech Purchase Center
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR August 1993 - August 2005
- Promoted and managed a retail sales operation of computer hardware, software and peripherals with annual sales of over $1.75 million
- Developed and created new relationships with campus community of departments, faculty, staff and students while maintaining established relationships
- Developed and managed campus-wide licensing programs for statistical software and MS Office
- Served on University-wide committees – RISC, MacNeeds, OHSU Health & Safety Steering Committee, Labor/Management Cooperation
- Active fiscal management included daily sales reconciliations, deposits, intercampus billing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll reports, inventory control
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of Edu-Tech staff (1.75 FTE classified staff and 2.0 FTE student staff)
- Reviewed and prioritized the delivery of services for team members
- Day-to-day operations for staff and services of OHSU’s computer purchase center
- Produced regular reports on project status with detailed assessment of project barriers and constraints
- Recommended and implemented organizational goals and budget mandates
- Worked collaboratively with managers, administration and staff to create goals, objectives and outcomes
- Developed and provided supervisory training in-services
Computer User Support Analyst 3, Instructional Media Department
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR October 1988 - August 1993
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR April 1982 - August 1988
- Positions held – Administrative Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Clerical Specialist
- Departments worked in – Audiovisual Services, Biomedical Communications, OHSU Library
- Ford, E. & Fishler, V. (2010). Living on a Dime: Tips for living well and happily with less. OLA Quarterly 16(4)