- Provide customized bibliographic instruction to OHSU staff and students
- Coordinate orientations for new students, residents and interns.
- Assist patrons with the in-house use of OHSU library resources.
- Teach library-related courses to OHSU staff and students.
- Coordinate the Health Information by Mail service
- Coordinate collection development of consumer health resources.
- Provide consultation on bibliographic management software.
- Reference & Instruction Librarian (2005 - present) OHSU Library, Portland, OR
- Assistant Professor, Librarian (2004 - 2005) OGI Library, Beaverton, OR
- Assistant Librarian (2002 - 2004) StreamNet Library, Portland, OR
- Reference Assistant (1999 - 2002) University of Oregon (UO) Science Library, Eugene, OR
- Emporia State University (1999 - 2002) MLS, Emporia, KS
- Oregon Institute of Marine Biology (1991) Graduate Studies, Charleston, OR
- Drake University (1987 - 1991) B.A. Biology, Des Moines, IA
Presentations and Publications
Hannon, T. (2006) RefWorks and other web-based bibliographic citation management tools: A new service opportunity for libraries. Presentation, Online Northwest 2006.
Hannon, T. (2002). A day in the life of a special librarian, panelist. Presentations: Special Libraries Association, Oregon Chapter, Portland, OR. Student night at the Nike Design Library.
Hannon, T. (2001). Digital reference: An exploration of emerging issues. Poster. Oregon Library Association Conference, Seaside, OR.
- Oregon Chapter President (2005 - present) Special Libraries Association
- Biomedical and Life Sciences Division, Special Libraries Association Contributed Papers Committee Chair (2005 - present)
- Advisory Council (2005 - present) Emporia State University
- Oregon Chapter President-Elect (2004 - 2005) Special Libraries Association
- Biomedical and Life Sciences Division, Special Libraries Association Contributed Papers Committee Jr. Co-Chair (2004 - 2005)
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Committee (2004 - present) OHSU
- Northwest Interlibrary Loan Conference Programs (2003 - 2004) Northwest ILL
- Oregon Chapter Board Member, Membership Director (2003 - 2004) Special Libraries Association
- Reviewer (2001 - present) Educational Media Reviews Online
- OIMB Student Internship Advisory Board (2001 - 2002) University of Oregon
- LibQUAL+ Survey Planning Committee (2000 - 2002) University of Oregon
- Search Engine Web Page Redesign Committee (2001) University of Oregon
- Statewide Database Licensing Committee (1999) University of Oregon
- Medical Library Association (2005 - present)
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries (2000 - present)
- Reference and User Services Association (2000 - present)
- Special Libraries Association
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Division (2000 - present)
- Oregon Chapter (2000 - present)
- Environment & Resource Management Division (2000 - present)
Awards and Honors
- PNC Professional Development Scholarship (2005) Medical Library Association
- 21st Century New Librarian Award Nominee
- Beta Phi Mu (2003) Emporia State University
- Student-nominated graduation speaker (2002) Emporia State University
- Sarah R. Reed Scholarship (2001) Emporia State University
- ALA Student Staff Project Award (2001) Emporia State University
- SLIM Council Governing Body (2001 - 2002) Emporia State University
- Advisory Council to the Dean (1999 - 2002) Emporia State University