- Responsible for the day-to-day management and long-term development of the archives program, including accessioning, arrangement, description, preservation, and storage of collections
- Seeks new ways to build collections, enhance access, and engage audiences
- Identifies, appraises, and acquires archives, manuscripts, university publications, and artifacts in all formats
- Develops collection management data, EAD finding aids, and other access tools
- Teaches classes, workshops, and instructional sessions; assists researchers through reference and instruction; and conducts exhibits, tours, special events, and other outreach activities
- Consults with the university community on records management policy and practices
- Represents OHSU library in the Orbis Cascade Alliance archives & manuscripts service
- 2015-2016: Processing Archivist, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2014-2015: Project Archivist, National Park Service, Anchorage, AK
- 2014: Records Management Assistant, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2013-2014: Archives Processor, PACSCL/CLIR Hidden Collections Processing Project, Philadelphia, PA
- 2013: Archives Processor, John J. Wilcox, Jr. LGBT Archives, Philadelphia, PA
- 2013: Cataloger, Sigma Sound Studio Archives, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2011-2013: Administrative Assistant, Drexel University School of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA
- 2007-2011, Executive Assistant, Friends of the Free Library, Philadelphia, PA
- 2004-2006: Assistant Librarian, Allentown Symphony Orchestra, Allentown, PA
- 1998-present: Cellist
- 2013: Master of Science, Library and Information Science, Archival Studies concentration, Drexel University
- 2005: Master of Music, Cello Performance, Wichita State University
- 1999: Bachelor of Music, Cello Performance, Ithaca College
- 2016: Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) Certificate, Society of American Archivists
PRESENTATIONS and PUBLICATIONS
- Antracoli, Alexis, Steven M. Duckworth, Judith L. Silva, and Kristen Yarmey. “Capture all the URLs: First Steps in Web Archiving.” Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice 2, no. 2 (2014): 155-170, doi: 10.5195/palrap.2014.67.
- Duckworth, Steven M. Archival Processing LibGuide. Gainesville, University of Florida, 2015.
- Duckworth, Steven M., Annalise Berdini, Jessica Hoffman, Alina Josan, Amanda Mita, and Evan Peugh. “Reprocessing: The Trials and Tribulations of Previously Processed Collections.” Poster at the Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists, Washington, DC, August 10-16, 2014.
- Nemmers, John, Steven M. Duckworth, Lourdes Santamaria-Wheeler, and Jessica Marcetti. “Museum as Archives/Archives as Museum: The Panama Canal Museum Collection at the University of Florida.” Society of Florida Archivists and Society of Georgia Archivists Joint Annual Meeting, Savannah, GA, October 14, 2016.
- O’Dell, Allison J. and Steven M. Duckworth. “The Fancy Finding Aid: Makeover your Collections with HTML5, Responsive Design, RDFa, Circulation Management, and Visual Content.” Talk presented at the Code4Lib Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 7-10, 2016.
Professional Associations & Service
- Society of Florida Archivists (2015 – present)
- Northwest Archivists, Inc. (2014 – present)
- Society of American Archivists (2013 – present)
- Issues and Advocacy Roundtable’s On-Call Research Team (2016)
- Diversity Committee (2015 – present)
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (2014)
- Delaware Valley Archivists Group (2013 – 2014)