Head, Historical Collections & Archives
- Direct daily operations and long-term development of OHSU Historical Collections & Archives
- Manage 5.5 FTE including faculty, classified staff, students, and volunteers
- Direct events and outreach activities including exhibitions, lectures, and community programs
- Direct development of departmental policies and procedures; contribute to library and university policy and procedure development
- Direct collection development for special collections materials
- Write proposals and reports to granting agencies, university administration, and donors
- Cultivate relationships with donors and the university community
- Plan and monitor departmental budgets
- Serve on library and external committees
- Conduct professional scholarship and service
- Provide reference service and bibliographic instruction
- Anderson, Maija. “Ralph Crawshaw (1921-2014).” The Oregon Encyclopedia, March 2014. http://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/crawshaw_ralph_1921-2014/#.VRscu5MepS0
- Anderson, Maija. “Julian S. ‘Dutch’ Reinschmidt (1925-1998).” The Oregon Encyclopedia, July 2014. http://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/reinschmidt_julian_s._dutch/#.U8VHv7EvBGM
- Anderson, Maija. “Records of the Oregon Child Study Clinic: A Case Study in Digitization for Health Sciences Research and Education.” Watermark: Newsletter of the Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences, Summer 2014: 9-12. http://www.alhhs.org/
- Anderson, Maija. “’We’ll Never Let You Retire!’: Creating a Culture of Knowledge Transfer.” In Management: Innovative Practices in Archives and Special Collections, edited by Kate Theimer. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, May 2014.
- Anderson, Maija and Kyle Banerjee. “Batch Metadata Assignment to Archival Photograph Collections Using Facial Recognition Software.” The Code4Lib Journal no. 21 (2013). http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/8486
- Anderson, Maija. “From the Archives” feature columns. OHSU School of Medicine News and Bridges Magazine, December 2010-present.
- Anderson, Maija. “History of Medicine” feature columns. Portland Physician Scribe, December 2010-November 2013.
- Anderson, Maija. “Chicago’s New and Expanded Archives.” Archival Outlook, Mar-Apr 2005: 10-11.
- Speaker, “What do I do with this? Conundrums in the Collection.” Panel at the Oregon Museums Association Annual Meeting, Portland, OR, October 28, 2014.
- Chair and speaker, “Primary Sources in the Sciences: Accessing the Past to Ensure Tomorrow’s Discoveries.” Presentation at the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., August 14, 2014.
- Speaker, “Digitizing Archives for Health Sciences Teaching and Research: Records of the Oregon Child Study Clinic.” Presentation at the Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 8th, 2014.
- Speaker, “Your Powers of Observation: Describing Collections and Condition Reports.” Workshop at the Oregon Heritage Conference, Albany, OR, April 23, 2014.
- Speaker, “Optimism and Optimization: The OHSU Oral History Project.” Lightning talk at the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, August 17, 2013.
- Speaker, “Just Say Yes: Raising Private Funds for Processing and Digitization.” Presentation to the Archives Management Roundtable, Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, August 14, 2013.
- Speaker, “The History of Health Care Reform in the U.S. and Oregon.” Continuing education class for the Oregon Health Sciences Libraries Association, Silverton, OR, July 19, 2013.
- Speaker, “Who Hires Consulting Historians?” Panel discussion for the Northwest History Network, Portland, OR, November 8, 2012.
- Speaker, “The Health Care Dimension of Civil Rights in Portland.” Presentation at the Northwest History Conference, Tacoma, WA, October 19, 2012.
- Speaker, “Private Collectors, Public Collections: Rethinking Access and Ownership.” Presentation at the Reimagining the Archive symposium, UCLA School of Theater, Film & Television, Los Angeles, CA, November 13, 2010.
- Speaker, “The Art of Archival Judgment: Applying More Product Less Process.” Presentation at the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., August 2010.
- Speaker, “Accessing the Cultural Crossroads: Discovering Underrepresented Histories through Processing and Digitization.” Presentation at the Midwest Archives Conference Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2010.
Selected Professional Service
Society of American Archivists.
- ALA/SAA/AAM Committee on Archives, Libraries, and Museums, 2014-present
- Women Archivists Roundtable Steering Committee, 2013-2014
- Women Archivists Roundtable Co-Chair, 2012-2013
- Host Committee, 2011 Annual Meeting, 2010-2011
- Host Committee, 2007 Annual Meeting, 2006-2007
- Nominations Committee, 2013
- Grant reviewer, 2015-present
- Board Member, 2012-2014
- Content Creation and Dissemination Team, 2015-present
- Digital Assets Management Team, 2013-present
- 125th Anniversary Team, 2012-2013
- Coordinator, OHSU History of Medicine Society, 2010-present
- 2006-2010 - Processing Archivist, Special Collections Research Center, University of Chicago Library
- 2005-2006 - Archives and Manuscripts Accessions Manager, Special Collections Research Center, University of Chicago Library
- 2003-2004 - Circulation Assistant, O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library, St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- 2001-2003 - Serials Administrator, O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library, St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- 2004 - M.A. Library and Information Science, University of Missouri-Columbia
- 2000 - M.A. Art History, University of Chicago
- 1998 - B.A. Art History, Clark Honors College, University of Oregon